10th December 2015, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Scope of doing B.Ed after BCA? Which subject to be taken in B.Ed after BCA?

Hello,
I am a BCA student and now I wanted to do B.ed, can I do B.ed? and if I can do it which subject I should take? And what are the chances of getting job in school as we don't have any school matching subjects in our BCA stream?

11th December 2015, 03:31 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of doing B.Ed after BCA? Which subject to be taken in B.Ed after BCA?

Scope for Higher Studies after B.Ed;

M.Ed is a higher option after B.Ed. But for joining this course one should be a post graduate in any discipline. This post graduation degree is offered by DIET centers all over the country. After the completion of M.Ed course, graduates can join as higher secondary teachers in various institutions. M.Phil is also another option.

Career Opportunities after B.Ed:

Job opportunities for these professionals are numerous.

They can find employment in various government and government aided institutions.

For this recruitment the government organizes SET exam.

After qualifying this examination one can join as teacher in any government school in the State.

B.Ed graduates can teach in high primary and high school level.

You can only do B.Ed, if you fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria;

1. Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University.

2. Candidates should score a minimum of at least 50% marks in graduation.

3. OBC candidates are provided relaxation up to 5%, therefore their minimum required percentage is 45% marks.

4. SC/ST candidates can apply with 40% marks.

5. Educational pattern of the candidate should be 10+2+3.
12th December 2015, 08:02 AM
rituja mukherjee

Default Re: Scope of doing B.Ed after BCA? Which subject to be taken in B.Ed after BCA?

B.Ed degree is for them who are from the general scream who wish to pursue teaching as a career. Pursuing B.ed after BCA is not a good option. In B.ed you have to choose papers that you have studied in graduation level. Subjects or papers that are offered in BCA are not there in the list of subjects offered in B.ed course. So whether you will at all get a chance to do B.ed or not is a big question. I would suggest you to continue further by opting for MCA or some other job oriented courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?