9th January 2021, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to choose a stream in the Higher Secondary of CBSE Board?

Sir, I am studying in 10th standard of CBSE Board affiliated recognized school. I have heard that from 11th standard in the CBSE Board, candidate must choose their stream in Humanities, Commerce and Science. I want to know if this is correct information or not?

11th January 2021, 01:36 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I have to choose a stream in the Higher Secondary of CBSE Board?

Yes, It is correct. You have to choose a stream in the Higher Secondary of CBSE Board.

You can choose stream according to your interest and score in 10th class.

If you want to make your career in Science and Technology than only choose Science.

If want to make your career in finance than only choose Accounts.

11th January 2021, 04:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to choose a stream in the Higher Secondary of CBSE Board?

Yes, you will have to choose the stream in std 11th in which you want to appear for 12th board examination.

Candidates are eligible to select the stream according to their interest in specific course.

So, you can select the one in which you want to make your future and have interest.

11th January 2021, 04:58 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Obviously, you have to choose a stream in the Higher Secondary of CBSE Board.
You have a choice that you can choose from different streams as per your interest.

° Medical Stream consist of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English and an additional subject.

° Non medical stream consist of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English and an additional subject.

° Commerce consist of Accountancy, economics etc.

° Arts stream consist of History, civics, Geography and others.

°°° Admission is based on class 10 marks and you can choose the stream of your interest when you have good marks in class 10th board examination.

11th January 2021, 10:43 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- YES, you have to choose a stream in the Higher Secondary of CBSE Board.

Streams--

Medical stream
Non-Medical stream
Commerce
Arts stream
Humanities

The admission is always given on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in class 10th and interest.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?