21st October 2014, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Should I opt for Biology after Class X? Further opportunities after studying 12th Biology?

I am a student of class X . i am class topper. i want to take biology as my subject . I want to know if i should opt it and what are the opportunity further if i choose it as my subject .

21st October 2014, 03:53 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for Biology after Class X? Further opportunities after studying 12th Biology?

If you are interested in science field, you can go with biology subject in your intermediate.
As being a topper, you can also get a good score in your intermediate. And after the completion of the intermediate, the best career for science students is to go for MBBS course. There will be an entrance exam for admission in to MBBS course, which will be conducted by your state board. If you can clear that exam, you can a get a convenor seat in top medical colleges. Otherwise, If your parents are financially good, you can also get a seat in management Quota.

If you are not interested in MBBS, you can go for any of the following courses.
1)Bachelor of Pharmacy
2)Bachelor of Physiotherapy
3)B.Sc. Nursing
4)Biotechnology
5)General Nursing
6)Paramedical Courses
7)BAMS
8)BUMS
9)BDS
10)BHMS
21st October 2014, 08:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for Biology after Class X? Further opportunities after studying 12th Biology?

If you are interested in medical field or if you are interested to become a doctor, then, you can opt the Biology subject in 11th standard. After completion of 10th standard, you can opt Biology as main subject and for this subject you need to choose the BiPC stream which consists of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects as main subjects in 11th and 12th standards.

After completion of BiPC course in 11th and 12th standards, you can pursue your higher studies in medical related courses such as MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, B.Pharmacy, D.Pharmacy, etc. To get admission in any of these courses, you need to appear for the entrance examinations such as NEET, AIPMT, AFMC, AIIMS, etc. After qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college. You can pursue your higher studies in any of the above mentioned medical related courses by appearing and qualifying in the concerned medical entrance examination after completion of your 12th standard final examinations.
21st October 2014, 10:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have many options if you take biology in your 10+2. There are many job oriented courses but you have to get admission in a decent college, so that you can get quality education.

You can opt for following courses, if you complete 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

1. Medicine

2. Dental studies

3. Biochemistry

4. Biotechnology

5. Microbiology

6. Agricultural

7. Dairy science

8. Nursing

9. Physiotherapy

10. Occupational therapy

11. Audiology

12. Speech Therapy

13. Medical Lab Technology

14. Optometry

15. Nutrition and Dietetics

16. Pharmacy

The admission is based on the entrance examination and you have to get a decent rank in the exam, then only you can get admission in a top college.
22nd October 2014, 12:45 AM
belide
Senior Member+++

It is always to get in to the stream in which you are interested. As you are interested to study Biology, it is good to choose that in your class X. There are many career opportunities after completing Biology in 12th. You can go for MMBS after completing your 12th.

There are many courses related to Biology in masters all over the world.

Graduation courses are:

• Bachelor of Medicine
• Bachelor of Dental Sciences.
• Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery.

Career Opportunities:
You can work as,
• Dental Surgeon.
• Physician.
• Pharmacists and many more.
9th November 2019, 06:58 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

If you have interest in biology and life science you can take it
If you take medical field the various option are
MBBS
BDS
BPT
BHMS
BUMS
BAMS
FOOD SCIENCE
FORENSIC SCIENCE
AGRICULTURE
DIETITIANS
BSC IN PHYSICS
BSC IN ZOOLOGY
BSC IN CHEMISTRY
The future options are great you can take medical and biology also provides some non medical options if you have interest in biology you can take the course
The earning amount of medical field is also great and also its a noble profession
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?