24th June 2012, 08:38 PM
mrunaleepatel

Should I take up PCMB or PCMS in 11th?

i am confused whether to take up pcmb or pcmb or pcms in 11th .

8th July 2012, 10:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I take up PCMB or PCMS in 11th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunaleepatel View Post
Firstly, you need to ask yourself, why are you opting for biology, if your plan is to become engineer Or in case your aspiration is to enter Biotechnology, then definitely you should proceed with PCMB only, as biology is also requirement for biotechnology.

After studying biology, you will also be eligible for Genetic engineering, the course which us becoming very popular these days. Biotechnology is emerging as another options over the conventional branches like electrical, computer science or mechanical. There is a great demand for biotechnology experts in food processing industry and in R&D as well, so it implies you will get better opportunities in the end.

However, if you want to become engineer, then biology is of no use, either you can opt for optionals like computer science or physical education, which will help you score better in 12th exams. Computer science will help you in initial days of engineering as well , as in the first yr of your engineering, you will have basic computer science course on java, C++ , so you can score better there.

But some boards like Maharashtra board have biology as compulsory optional , then you will have no choice, you have to study it, for no reason. So, in case you are facing this situation, change your board to CBSE.
8th July 2012, 11:12 PM
priyankasree

Thumbs up Re: Should I take up PCMB or PCMS in 11th?

Quote:
hi friend,

*you can take which field you have interest beacuse both have good scope

in future And also to get good subject and job in INTEREST

CORSE ..........

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]
Scope and job opportunities after Genetic engineering
[through pcmb]

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Genetic engineers are in great demand these days both in India and outside India.Genetic engineering is not only the field you can find job opportunities but also in many other various sectors.

You can have job opportunities in the fields like

Genetic engineering
Biotechnology
Biomedical sciences
Medicine
Pharmaceutical industries
Research
Teaching
Surveying

etc etc.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]Eligibility for genetic engineering and all b-tech courses[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]1.You should have completed 10+2 in science stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate in your intermediate classes from a recognized college with Biology or related subjects
2.You should get through the entrance exams like
IIT-JEE
AIEEE
BITSAT
SRMEEE
VITEEE
SNAP
CET etc etc.[/SIZE]

ALL THE BEST
9th July 2012, 01:35 PM
Vikas hrc

Quote:

Hi friend..

As you know that you have four options to choose after your 10th:-
1.Science with Maths.
2.Science with Biology.
3.Commerce
4.Arts.

Since,you are intersted to take Science stream,so I am going to give details regarding that only.
If you opt for PCM stream i.e,Physics,Chemistry and Maths will be your main subjects in 11th,then you will have to opt for an additional subject because altogether you have to study 5 subjects in your 11th including one language subject like Hindi,English,etc.So,you will have to opt for 5th subject as per your choice.

You can choose subjects like Biology,Computer,Physical Education,Economics,Music,etc. as 5th subject.
As yo have mentioned in your question,you have a confusion regarding what to choose between Biology and Computer Science,so I would suggest you that select the subject in which you are interested and in which future scopes are more.

If you opt for Biology as 5th subject,you will have all the scopes that a Biology student has after his 12th.You can go for Medical field like MBBS,BDS,Biotechnology,etc. if you do well in the entrance tests.
If you opt for Computer Science,you will study subjects like C,C++,Java,etc. which will help you in engineering courses.

So,if you have decide to become an engineer,then don't opt for Biology because your study syllabus will become very huge and probably,you won't be able to maintain a balance between Maths and Science.
Moreover,Computer is a more scoring subject in 12th.

So,go for Computer Science if you have an aim to become an engineer.
Hope I solved your confusion.
Best of luck.
Thanks.

With Regards-
Vikas.

Quote:
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
5th October 2012, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
i am in 10th class now i am cofused about the additional subject i should take with pcm.ihave quite a bit interest in bio but everyone says that pcmb is quite tough.apart from that if i take pcmb then which training institution shall i join in future,shall i join an institution like fitjee,vmc that are meant for engineering or for bio like akaash.
13th May 2013, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

What can I do after SSLC?
14th May 2013, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE A QUITE BIT INTEREST IN ALL SUBJECTS & I HAVE ALSO MEET COUNCELLER SHE TOLD THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ARTS & SCICENE I AM CONFUSED NOW PLEASE TELL ME IN WHICH FIELD SHOULD I GO & ALSO TELL ME THE JOB OPPORTUNITIES ABOUT ENGINEERING & BIO ...........
18th June 2015, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

helo... I have got a confusion even after selecting pcms for my class 11t. So some says that pcms is not so good u better take pcmb as option it takes u to several branches.
please bring me out of this confusion
22nd April 2016, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

I want to take pcms but many are saying me to take pcmb what should I do
18th November 2019, 05:34 PM
karthiksalian

I Think PCMS , he meant the optional subject to be Statistics and not Computer Science probably. Computer Science is PCMC as far as i remember from my old days.
With the current industry exposure I am having in the technology side and not on Medical. Statistics will be helpful in Machine learning which is completely statistical analysis ,econometric's and one of the current booming technology all around.Having Statistics in 11,12 will be helpful. In my case i had taken PCME which is electronics so now i had to learn statistics any way to compete with current technology.
I cannot provide much on Medical field though if you wanted to choose Biology.
29th May 2021, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

i want to become pilot so i have took PCMS is my choice correct....please clear my doubt
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?