25th January 2019, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Steps to become an IAS Officer for 8th student?

Hello, I am in 8th standard and I want to become an IAS officer. So, what I can do for that? I want to know that on which subjects and things I can focus? Which subjects are most important for that? Could I start tuition and coaching for that or I do self study?

31st January 2019, 09:51 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IAS Officer for 8th student?

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> Further, to appear in the Civil Services examination, the basic qualifications required are as below :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

*Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation degree course are also eligible.

So, being a student of Class 8th, to become an IAS officer, you are required to first complete your Class 10th followed by Class 12th and graduation degree course and then you need to qualify the Civil Services examination.

For, the preparation point of view, it would be beneficial for you to start your preparation as early as you can as per the examination pattern. But, you must not let your preparation effect your regular academic degree studies too.

For detailed information regarding the Civil services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st January 2019, 02:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer, candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that conducted by must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you have to pursue the required qualification for final selection. So, if you want to qualify in the examination, you can start preparation with the fundamentals by making habit of reading newspaper, reading NCERT books and improving writing skills.
31st January 2019, 03:19 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

1. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for IAS entrance exam called Civil Services exam is bachelor's degree.

2. 8th standard candidates can not apply for the exam.

You need to pass 8th, 10th, 12th and bachelor's degree to become eligible for exam.
31st January 2019, 04:49 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

I think you are very much excited for the preparation of Civil Service Examination which is conducted for selection as an I.A.S Officer.

As, you do not have the required qualification to appear in the examination, I will suggest you to focus on the basic for the examination.

There is no need to join coaching institute from now. You must focus on NCERT books of Social Studies, Current Affairs and International events.

You can take guidance from seniors who are preparing for the examination for better guidance.
31st January 2019, 05:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Steps to become Indian Administrative Service officer:

Step I: You need to attain minimum academic qualification required to apply for IAS examination.

You should pass 10th, then 12 and bachelor's degree to become eligible for Civil Services examination.

The minimum age limit for exam is 21 years. Social science subjects are important. Right now focus on board subjects. You can start your preparation from 12th onwards.
31st January 2019, 07:37 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You will have to pursue minimum bachelor degree to become eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is considered as the toughest examination and so candidate required to follow strategy and consistency to qualify in the examination.

So, you must follow the proper syllabus and strategy as per guidelines of a senior or an expert to qualify in the examination.
1st February 2019, 05:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to complete graduation in any discipline from a recognized university, if you are willing to apply for IAS officer exam, which is also known as UPSC Civil Services exam.

At the moment you are in class 8th, so you just need to study well and make sure you school marks are excellent. If you study well at school, then surely it will help you in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?