23rd February 2013, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

What steps should I take to become an IAS officer? I am studying 8th standard

now i am studying 8th standard.so from now on what are all the steps i should take to become an ias officer?

18th April 2013, 12:14 AM
kunwar khurmi
Member+

Arrow Re: What steps should I take to become an IAS officer? I am studying 8th standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
now i am studying 8th standard.so from now on what are all the steps i should take to become an ias officer?
hmm.... that very good spirit young man.
from now try to get as much as knowledge as you could . try to remember every special events that happens in whole of the world and also in india, you must have good general knowledge of history of india as well as of world. try to read magazines and try to grab knowledge from these such as frontline , india today, times now etc. also you must have extra intellectual powers for interviews . firstly you have to complete your eligibility by doing graduation in any subject.
all the best
keep your spirits up...........^
14th June 2013, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What steps should I take to become an IAS officer? I am studying 8th standard

i am completing my 12thstandard. can i give my upsc exam
14th June 2013, 08:48 PM
amit8570861100
Member+

Default Re: What steps should I take to become an IAS officer? I am studying 8th standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
first do 10th and 12th. I advise you to take art stream because it is most easy stream then science and commerce. With art you have enough time to prepare for ias exam from 12th. After 12th do ba . Get atleast 60% in ba. As a graduate you are elligible for civil service exam. It is taken by upsc every year.for more details visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th June 2013, 08:54 PM
kiruthika m.m

It is good to see that in 8th class you prepare for your aim and aim is no so small it's a marvels aim. No matter you are not good in Maths. First of all you have to know about upsc.

UPSC means union public service commission which conducts exam for IAS/IPS/IES/IFS etc. In this ias means Indian administrative services and ies means Indian engineering services etc. When you will complete your graduation course then you can fill the upsc exam form.

There are two types of exams UPSC prelim exam and upsc mains exam. When you pass the prelim exam then you can appear in mains exam. In prelim exam you will give the exam of two papers of 200 marks each. These question papers are objective type questions. These questions are of class 10 level questions and related to general knowledge and English and some parts of Mathematics and Science.

You should update your general knowledge because in this exam it is necessary. For this you can read newspapers and its editorial pages. In upsc mains exam you have to select the subjects. In this you can select Science, Commerce or Arts subjects. But many students choose arts subjects because it is easier than that of science and commerce. In this you can choose Sociology, History, Political science etc.

Many IIT and engineering students also select Arts subjects so you should not feel shame for it. If you want to prepare now, then you have to choose what stream you will take in 10+2 class. If you take Arts in 10+2 and do Graduation from Arts then by your university study material and NCERT you can prepare for your upsc examination.
14th June 2013, 09:18 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Hence after Graduation Degree one will be eligible to apply for IAS, Civil Service Exam and for which one should start preparation accordingly after 12th standard.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th June 2013, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

THANK YOU
26th June 2013, 10:28 PM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service .

Eligibility :

*Candidate must pass graduation or equvivalant degree from any recognised university.

* Age should be 21 to 30 years.

* Age relaxation for OBC +3 years and for SC/ST +5 years.

12th August 2013, 10:52 PM
ece304
Member+

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Hence after Graduation Degree one will be eligible to apply for IAS, Civil Service Exam and for which one should start preparation accordingly after 12th standard.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th February 2014, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an IAS officer .what shall i do for becoming the same ?now i'm in f.y.j.c
8th March 2014, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Hai friends! don't worry about I.A.S. EXAM. read many more books and news papers. you should know, What are the things that human beings are doing and What they have did?and achieved in the world. so from now you have to take the dicission.
JOIN IN MANY MORE COMPETITIONS like speech,letter writing,quiz etc.,
don,t bother adout your standard , try to reach your goal.
ALL THE BEST FOR ALL I.A.S. OFFICER!!!!!!!
8th March 2014, 11:43 PM
mechanical vinodjoshi

Smile Re: What steps should I take to become an IAS officer? I am studying 8th standard

1.you have to daily read news paper and become updated.
2.its too early and from now a days u started to prepare for civil services then its sure one day you will achieve your goal.
3.first complete your graduation then you may fill form for I.A.S.
4.Always keep in mind go for qualitative learning not quantitative learning if you want to become some thing in life.
13th April 2014, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

IF THE STUDENT OPTS FR SCIENCE FR XAMINATION SO HW WE SHUD PREPARE N BY WAT PRCNTAGE
10th May 2014, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

if I take arts because it is easy for ias and if idont becomewhat will happen to my courier
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?