25th August 2015, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Is there any course related to space study for non science students?

I am an MBA student. I am very curious about studying Space. But due to various reasons I did my 12th in Commerce. I am very good in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Now is there any opportunity to learn Astronomy? Is there any course offered for people like us? If yes then can you send the details through mail. My mail ID is "[email protected]".

26th August 2015, 12:40 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any course related to space study for non science students?

Space Science is very interesting subject to study.
Also, range of space science is very wide.
Space science is a branch of Physics which is studied generally in Bachelor's or after that but the student must have basic knowledge of space science to make carrier bright in this field.

So,students who have completed higher secondary from a recognized board in science stream can study space science in higher studies .
Commerce students have no future in space science as physics is not studied in commerce stream .
If non-science stream student is extra ordinary in physics and in space science then only the student can be offered to study space science.
26th August 2015, 08:08 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there any course related to space study for non science students?

I am sorry to say you that, you cannot go for any space studies being a commerce student. For being a part of any space study, you should belong from a science background with PCM in 10+2. Prospective space scientists or space science teachers must have a strong academic background in science, especially in physics. Experience with computers and the basics of engineering are also needed. So, you should try for other courses in commerce field.

All the best.
26th August 2015, 08:58 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

I am sorry to say this but to learn more about outer space in depth you need to be a student of science to be eligible for a course in Astrophysics.
The space studies come under Astrophysics and you need to be a Science student to be eligible for the course.
Even if you had studied Science in Class 12 then also there would have been a chance but at present you are not eligible for courses related to outer space as you are not a Science Student.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?