28th November 2019, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam other than NEET-UG for MBBS admission in Meghalaya? Benefits during admission for a State Board student?

Sir, I am a student of Meghalaya Board studying in 11th standard with Science stream. I would like to know how I can get admission for MBBS course in Medical college in Meghalaya? Do I have to appear in any kind of entrance exam or NEET-UG is enough? And also, as I am a State Board student, I will get any benefit during the admission?

29th November 2019, 02:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam other than NEET-UG for MBBS admission in Meghalaya? Benefits during admission for a State Board student?

You will have to appear and qualify in NEET examination for the admission in MBBS course.

There is reservation for the candidates with domicile of the respective state in the institutions in same state.

But, there is no special relaxation or advantage given to candidate who have passed from the state board to get admission in MBBS course.
29th November 2019, 06:30 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam other than NEET-UG for MBBS admission in Meghalaya? Benefits during admission for a State Board student?

There is a common entrance exam to get admission in MBBS and that is NEET UG.
If you to apply for any college in your state to get admission in MBBS then 80% seats are are available for students belonging to that state however if you apply for all India quota seat then only 15% seats are reserved for other state students.
30th November 2019, 11:42 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, there will be no entrance examination to get admission in MBBS course in the respective institutions.

Only candidates who will appear and qualify in NEET are eligible to get admission in MBBS course.

The examination is conducted by NTA every year.

There is no relaxation for candidates passed 12th from a state board to get admission in MBBS course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?