26th March 2016, 02:14 AM
Unregistered

Is National Institute of Open Schooling a recognized Board?

Hello Friends,
My son wants to study with NIOS Board but I came to know that this is an Open Board which is external. But I don't know that is it recognized Board or not? Kindly help me to know about this.

27th March 2016, 04:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is National Institute of Open Schooling a recognized Board?

Yes, National Institute of Open Schooling is a recognized Board by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (HRD), Government of India..

NIOS administers Secondary and Senior Secondary examinations of open schools similar to the CBSE and the CISCE to increase literacy and provide education to rural areas.

It also offers vocational courses after the high school. NIOS also provides a formal and regular Secondary and Senior Secondary program alongwith distance education.
27th March 2016, 06:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely National Institute of Open Schooling is a recognised board and it has same value as that of other boards like CBSE, ICSE etc. It is recognised in all education institutes of India.
It is a government authorised board.
28th March 2016, 12:38 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to your question it seems that you are confused. Let me tell you that NIOS is also a recognized board. You need not to worry about this. NIOS is recignized by UGC and has same value like other boards named CBSE, ICSE etc.
28th March 2016, 02:30 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

It is obviously an open university but is very much recognized. So, if your son is wanting to opt his studies from it, do not need to worry about it. Just ask him to study well and try to score god in his boards.
16th April 2016, 12:23 AM
Quantum reply

National Institute of Open Schooling that is NIOS is undertaken by the union government of India. It is highly recognized board of India like the other boards of India. It is same as CBSE , ISC.
NIOS certificate is valid and valuable throughout the India. NIOS is an open schooling board so there is no need to attend the regular classes.
29th April 2016, 11:00 PM
IQ14

NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS is an open schooling board where the students don't need to attend the regular classes.

NIOS is undertaken by the union government of India. It is highly value and recognized board of India. NIOS certificate is valid all over the India.

Yes definitely you can apply for open schooling board instead of regular school. In NIOS board you need to go for giving the exams only.
28th November 2019, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Does wes considers d.el.ed non university diploma education
30th November 2019, 07:38 AM
EduXpert

Yes, NIOS is a recognised open schooling board for completing schooling. You can surely study higher or apply for any government job based on your NIOS qualificstion. It is a government recognised board to study schooling in distance mode.

Only issue with NIOS is for private sector where some big MNCs don't prefer candidates with open schooling education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?