12th August 2015, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Is there any problem in study Dentistry/Medicine for an IGCSE candidate who doesn't have English Post-16?

Hello,
My child is studying the IGCSE curriculum. My query is that she doesn't have English in Post-16, i.e,. in 'As level' as a subject. She has done English till the IGCSE, so will this cause a hindrance to the admission in Dentistry/Medicine?
Please let me know the criteria of IGCSE level students for these courses?

6th April 2016, 10:23 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any problem in study Dentistry/Medicine for an IGCSE candidate who doesn't have English Post-16?

Most of the medical entrance exams like AIPMT ask for English at class 12th level along with PCB stream. It will be difficult to become eligible if your daughter hasn't studied English as one of the subject.

But still there are some medical entrance exams specially state level which don't have such criteria for admission. Your daughter can appear for those exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?