13th July 2010, 05:13 PM
mittapallisrinivas

What is the criteria for NRI students for admission into IIT? Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI student?

I would like to know what is thew criteria for NRI student admission into IIT.
Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI student. My son is finishing cambridge A Levels in NOvember . Is he eligible to write onpar with Indian students for IIT JEE.

Thanks

srinivas

Related Questions:
  1. What is the criteria for NRI students for admission in IIT? is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI students?
  2. Procedure for admission in IIT Kanpur through NRI quota? Is there a separate entrance test?
  3. What's the cut-off marks for NRI quota ? What's the fee structure and admission procedure through NRI quota?
  4. Do IIT colleges offer NRI quota for B.Tech courses?
  5. Is there any NRI quota in BITS Pilani for NRI students?
  6. Any entrance exams for PG admission under NRI quota? Which medical colleges have NRI quota for PG courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. I won't be able to take the entrance exams in June, so how do I get admission in India?
  8. What's the eligibility criteria for taking admission in India under NRI quota? How may I take admission by Regular stream?
  9. Does college of engineering, AP carry NRI quota for B.Tech course?
  10. Is there any NRI quota for MBBS in government medical college?
  11. Possibilities to get admission at Mangalore in NRI quota for NRI student if place of birth is India? -- [New]
  12. How to join NRI quota? Procedure to join Anna University? I am an NRI student studying 12th in Muscat
  13. Which is the best medical college? Total number of NRI seats? What is the fee structure? Cutoff marks for admission in NRI quota?
  14. What is the eligibility or procedure for NRI student to appear for CET exam without NRI quota?
  15. Criteria for NRI admission in SPA Delhi? Do NRI students have to appear for AIEEE and NATA?
  16. Is there any NRI quota for engineering for Delhi Government Engineering Colleges?
  17. Mbbs - NRI Quota
  18. How to get admission in engineering colleges through NRI quota?
22nd September 2011, 04:27 PM
praveendia

Default Re: What is the criteria for NRI students for admission into IIT? Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI student?

As of nw there is no diffenent exam conducted by iit and also not having quota for them so individual has to appear for same exam i.e iitjee for admission to iits
19th March 2012, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the criteria for NRI students for admission into IIT? Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI student?

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THERE IS NRI QUOTA IN IIT INST FOR 2012-2013 ACADEMIC YR . IF SO WHAT IS THE PROCEEDURE ? DR SREEDHAR
19th May 2012, 09:58 AM
bantidas

Lightbulb Re: What is the criteria for NRI students for admission into IIT? Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittapallisrinivas View Post
I would like to know what is thew criteria for NRI student admission into IIT.
Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI student. My son is finishing cambridge A Levels in NOvember . Is he eligible to write onpar with Indian students for IIT JEE.

Thanks

srinivas
Sir,

Even if your son is an NRI he is eligible for appearing in IITJEE like any other Indian student.

But there is no separate quota for NRIs in the IITJEE. The quota is available only for the castes like SC/ST or OBC(including Creamy & Non-Creamy layer).

Hope that this piece of information guides you in the correct direction.

Thank You...
18th June 2012, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

I am a student/residence of Nepal. I have passed 12 from St.Xaviers College Nepal Science stream with Physics, Maths and Chemistry. What is the procedure to get admission in IIT, India.
23rd June 2012, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

What is the produce of nri quota in iit,nit,s
6th August 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

is there any NRI qouta for mba in IIM BANGALORE
18th December 2012, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Will an NRI writting JEE and JEE(Advance) be treated in the general category for admissions in IITs .For example a student studying in India and a student studying abraod(NRI) are treated similary in General category.
27th January 2013, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria for NRI students for admission into IIT? Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI student?
26th August 2013, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

In California, the academic session ends in June. My daughter will be completing her 12th in June 2015 from California. Please guide me, if she will be eligible for appearing in IITJEE which will be conducted in the year 2015, as I think the same is being conducted somewhere in April??
Thanks & Regards,
Sarita Sood
19th September 2013, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

if i pass out 12th from dubai then will i get nri quota in iit
28th January 2014, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

My daughter studing in Kuwait from 2006.She will be completing her 12th in March 2016. she will be eligible for NRI qutoa or not Please guide me,
30th March 2014, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am from japan last3years how to gate edmission for engineering college in bombay
25th February 2015, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

My daughter completed 10th from Saudi Arabia and now she is in Hyderabad for intermediate.
How to get admission in IIT?
6th November 2017, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

My son is in 12 std student of CBSE board in Dubai has to appear for IIT-JEE exam 2018.What will be the procedure for application and how to pay the application fees.Whether online exam is conducted?What is the exam date?Any separate quota or entrance is there?Pl advice.
My email address [email protected]
4th July 2018, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

My son is pursuing Grade 12 from Cambridge Curriculum. He is NRI. What is the eligibility criteria to appear for IIT-JEE exam 2019. He has Math, Physics and Chemistry. Is Grade 10 result also considered?
Please help.
22nd April 2021, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

I am studying in the US. I am in 11th grade and want to write the IIT JEE. Can I write it in the US or I should come back to India? If I can write it in the US, then where in US?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?