26th September 2015, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria for to study in Class VI?

Sir/Mam,

My son namely Manish Mishra, D.O.B. 22.12.2005 was studying in Divya Jyoti Public School, Patna and after my transfer I got admission of my son in Delhi Public School Dhanbad in class III according to TC issued from that school. Again I have transferred from Dhanbad to Delhi and therefore I got admission of my son Manish Mishra in class VI in St.Coloumbus School, Dayalbad, Faridabad during the month of May'2015 as per TC. In Class V my son secured 94% marks in DPS Dhanbad. Now, on dated 21.09.2015 it has been informed over telephone to attend meeting in St.Coloumbus School. Accordingly I participated in meeting, in the said meeting it has been informed that your child date of birth is 22.12.2005 and as per CBSE guidelines your child not cover the age for class VI. Therefore your son will be remain in class VI for next year also.

This decision not only effect the moral of my son but also age and double financial burden also. Please give me solution or we should move to court for that condition. I am waiting for your fruitful reply as early as possible please.

28th September 2015, 10:21 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria for to study in Class VI?

Age of candidate must be from 10 to 12 years on 31st March of the year of admission to get admission in class VI.

But your son's age is one year less. So, it is not possible to get her admission in class VI. You must admit your son to 5th class or give him a gap of 1 year. Moving to court will not help you as age limit is set by Board.
29th September 2015, 01:20 AM
gokul ka raja

As from the problem I know your condition but it is board rule for taking addmission in different classes.
For the addmission in class 6th A Student age must be in 10 to 12 years.
But if you try in other board also in which there is no age limit then you will get any profit else you should do as you take your steps.
29th September 2015, 11:16 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

To study in class 6th, the age of the candidate must be in between 10-12 years as per the Board guidelines. Your son's age according to the D.O.B is a year less for class 6th. So, my advise will be to remain him in class 5th, as the rule is set by the Board authorities.
26th October 2022, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Can study at the age of 35
31st October 2022, 02:11 PM
Ar_pit

The average age of children in Class VI is 12 years and 3 months.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?