22nd December 2015, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for the Punjab PMT?

I am resident of punjab from last 18 years. I have done my tenth from punjab. I hsve done my +1 and doing +2 from haryana. The school is affiliated to cbse board. Now i want to appear in punjab pmt. So tell me about the eligibility criteria for that?

22nd December 2015, 08:49 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for the Punjab PMT?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in Punjab PMT Exam:

Since you have completed 11th and 12th Classes from a CBSE board which is a central based board, you do not need to worry regarding eligibility criteria. Yes, the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Punjab PMT Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Punjab PMT Examination is
>> 12th Class or its equivalent from a recognized university.
>> Candidates must have passed Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English or its equivalent examination from a recognized university.
>> The minimum percentage you must have secured is 50% marks to be eligible.

You are eligible to apply for Punjab PMT Examination, even though you have completed 12th Class from Haryana State as it is CBSE board.
22nd December 2015, 09:13 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Punjab PMT examination conducted for admission of candidates in MBBS/BDS courses.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidate's age must be minimum 17 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

Candidate must have PCB and English as main paper with at least 50% aggregate and 40% for reserved cateogry.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at http://www.bfuhs.ac.in.
22nd December 2015, 10:06 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility criteria for the Punjab PMT?

Punjab PMT is the entrance exam conducted by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot for admissions to undergraduate medical programmes including MBBS and BDS

You must have passed Higher Secondary Examination or Indian School Certificate Examination or 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination with subjects including Physics, Chemistry and Biology securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
You must have completed the age of 17 years as on December 31 of the year of admission. The three hours duration medical entrance exam shall have one paper consisting 200 questions of objective-type (MCQs) covering sections including Physics, Chemistry and Biology
22nd December 2015, 11:06 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You need to have scored a minimum of 50% at your +2 level in PCB and 60% in aggregate and should be a domicile of Punjab.

If you fulfill the above mentioned criteria, you are then eligible for Punjab PMT.
22nd December 2015, 01:15 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for the Punjab PMT :
  • Candidate must have passed class XII or equivalent from any recognised board.
  • Candidate must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects.
Age Limit : Age of candidate must be atleast 17 years.
22nd December 2015, 02:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Punjab Medical Entrance Exam is conducted by Baba Farid University , Faridkot for the admission to MBBS and BDS courses in various colleges of Punjab.

Availability of Online and Offline application forms : In the first week of April

Exam date: 3rd week of May

Eligibility criteria:

A candidate must have done 12th from recognized board with medical stream with at least 45% and 40% for reserved categories.

The candidate should be bonafide of Punjab.

The candidate should have done 12th from the school of Punjab or Chandigarh.
22nd December 2015, 02:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am resident of punjab from last 18 years. I have done my tenth from punjab. I hsve done my +1 and doing +2 from haryana. The school is affiliated to cbse board. Now i want to appear in punjab pmt. So tell me about the eligibility criteria for that?
Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for Punjab PMT exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.

Important Dates

Availability of online and offline prospectus – first week of April 2016

Last date of submission the online application form – last week of April 2016

Date of PMET examination – third week of May 2016
22nd December 2015, 05:02 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

PMT examination is conducted for admission of candidates in MBBS and BDS courses in government and private colleges of Punjab.

To appear for examination required eligibility is candidate must have passed/appearing 10+2 from any recognised board with Physics, English, Chemistry and Biology as main paper. Candidate must have at least 50% aggregate in PCB+English. Minimum age limit is 17 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.bfuhs.ac.in.
22nd December 2015, 06:45 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Punjab Pre Medical Test:

1. Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board of any state or central board with compulsory subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology. You must have studied English also.

Minimum percentage of marks is 50% in 10+2 to be eligible for Punjab PMT.

2. Age limit as on 31st December of year of exam should be at least 17 years.

If you meet both these criteria, you can apply for exam in coming months when notification is released. At present, you can apply for All India Pre Medical test exam conducted by CBSE.
22nd December 2015, 07:24 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Academic Qualification for Punjab Pre Medical Test:

You should have done 10+2 from any where from a recognized board.

Subjects combination in 10+2: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.

Minimum percentage of marks: 50%.

Age criteria:

At least 17 years on 31st December of year of exam.

You are eligible for Punjab PMT.
22nd December 2015, 08:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to appear in Punjab PMT examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board.

2. You must have obtained minimum 50% aggregate marks in your 12th standard PCB stream from a recognised board.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?