29th February 2016, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after 10th to become a Mechanical Engineer?

Sir,
I am a 10th class CBSE Board student. I will score 85% approx in 10th Board. What should I do after 10th class to become a Mechanical Engineer?

29th February 2016, 06:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 10th to become a Mechanical Engineer?

To pursue you engineering course, you have to pursue 10+2 with PCM from any recognised board.

The eligibility to get admission in B.tech is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board in science stream.

You can also appear for various entrance examination to get admission in best institute ( government or private). Some of entrance examination are JEE, BITSAT, WBJEE etc...
29th February 2016, 08:00 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become a Mechanical Engineer then you need to choose Physics, Chemistry, Maths as main subject in intermediate as well as English as compulsory subject. Then after you need to qualify entrance examination like- IIT, JEE, AIEEE and many more.
29th February 2016, 08:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become a Mechanical Engineering after completion of your 10th standard, you must have to pursue your higher studies i.e., 11th and 12th standard in Non-Medical Science stream with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. After completion of your 12th standard, you must have to appear in National level or State level entrance examinations like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, EAMCET, KCET, etc.,. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in Mechanical Engineering course. After completion of Mechanical Engineering course from a recognised university with good skills and knowledge, you can become a Mechanical Engineer.
29th February 2016, 08:20 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am a 10th class CBSE Board student. I will score 85% approx in 10th Board. What should I do after 10th class to become a Mechanical Engineer?

You have to choose Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects in your 11th and 12th standard with other subjects to become a Mechanical Engineer. You should score very good marks in the 12th standard, to get a seat in engineering colleges. You can choose the subject during counseling after your 12th examination. The admissions to the engineering colleges are done through the counseling for all the colleges in the state. Your 12th marks will be considered for the engineering admission.
29th February 2016, 09:24 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

For engineering stream, you will have to appear for Joint Entrance Examination which is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

Eligibility criteria for JEE Main exam:

*Candidate must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board. You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and scored 50% marks.

After 10th, you must take science stream in 10+2 and appear for JEE exam and then pass it to get admission in engineering college and finally complete B.Tech course in mechanical engineering to become mechanical engineer.
29th February 2016, 09:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Just follow the followings steps to become Mechanical Engineer after 10th class:

Step I: First of all take admission in standard 11th in any board. Appear for board exams with PCM subjects.

Step II: Appear for any engineering entrance exam like JEE, State Engineering exams, BITSAT or SRMEEE etc.

Step III: Depending upon your rank you can take admission in any engineering college and pursue Bachelor of Technology. Take mechanical engineering as your engineering discipline then complete this whole course to become mechanical engineer.
29th February 2016, 10:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The academic qualification required for doing bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering is 10+2 with science stream which must consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and there should be at least 50% in PCM subjects.

After that, you need to apply for any engineering entrance exam conducted by different examination conducting authority for undergraduate course in engineering. The best option for you will be Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE for admission in top engineering institute called Indian Institute of Technology. You must clear JEE Main and Advanced for joining IIT.
29th February 2016, 11:10 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You need to clear your 12th with Science stream and after that you will have to opt for JEE(Main) examination a it is the gateway to B.Tech course. After scoring well in your entrance examination, you can get admission in any good college depending upon your score in Mechanical stream.
29th February 2016, 11:14 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

You have scored pretty well in your 10th boards, and I am sure you will be a good mechanical engineer in future.

However, for that you will have to appear for JEE(Main) entrance examination after completion of your 12th from Science stream and you will get admission in B.Tech(Mechanical) course in any college depending upon the marks you score.
1st March 2016, 04:16 PM
OnePlus

To become a mechanical engineer firstly you need to pass class 12th examination. You need to opt PCM in class 12th.

After passing class 12th you need to do preparation for entrance exams which are conducted by the universities to provide admission in engineering.

List of entrance exams for engineering-
JEE Main(Joint Entrance Exam).
VITEEE(VIT Entrance Exam).
MUOET(Manipal University Online Entrance Test).
AEEE(Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam).
UPSEE(Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam).etc

JEE Main is the best among all the exams.
2nd March 2016, 01:03 AM
Indian knowledge

For a Mechanical Engineer you must have to choose science stream after 10th . You can choose anyone medical or non - medical stream .
But the main subject is physics which is compulsory for going in the field of mechanical Engineer.
●After 12th you do JEE exam for a good college in mechanical engineering.
●You also do B.tech from a reputated university for a mechanical engineer.
15th February 2017, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

I am highly interested in iron man type things then what should I prefer
9th April 2017, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i have got 7.6 cgpa in class 10(cbse) and just took admission in class 12(cbse). What i will do to become a mechanical engineer?
7th July 2017, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am study in 11th science please help me to find out which stream is best for mechanical engineering... PCM or PCB..

Sir I take PCB in 11th soo I eligible for mechanical engineering course ....
Please help me......

My gmail account:- [email protected]
11th July 2017, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

I want to become mechanical engineer. Should I go for diploma after 10th or continue 11th and 12th science. Which is better option.
2nd May 2018, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 10th and have 50%marks in all subjects what should I do to be a successful mechanical engineer
29th May 2018, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

After 10th there 3 options in Tamilnadu
1) Maths- biology/ Maths-Computer science in 11th,12th followed by TNEA.
2) Dip in mechanical engg and join as lateral entry - direct second year in engg colleges.
3) A special vocational group available in only every few schools- EM ( Maths practicals ) in 11th , 12th followed by TNEA.
25th March 2019, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become a biotechnologist after 10 th step
29th March 2019, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

If I am just addicted or interested towards creating many mechanism like connecting light with motor and produce energy without any external source like cell or battery what should I do
13th June 2019, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

I want to do mechanical engineering after ten so should do in short time please reply me
26th June 2019, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have just finished my SSC I want to be a mechanical engineer please tell me what Field I should go
28th June 2020, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

How many years does B.tech course of coaching will be
12th July 2020, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

i am in 10th class ssc and i want to become a mechanical engineer?
16th July 2020, 11:16 PM
doctor sahiba
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in 10th class ssc and i want to become a mechanical engineer?
For doing mechanical engineering, the qualification required is 10+2 with science stream which must consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics that is PCM combination of subjects and also there should be at least 50% in these subjects.
After that, you need to apply for any engineering entrance exam. There are various engineering entrance exams conducted by various authorities. Then, you will be able to do your bachelor's degree in engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?