17th June 2014, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after ICSE if aiming to join Medical? Which will be better colleges or schools for medical in Kolkata?

Sir
I am an ICSE science student gonna complete
my icse what should I try for or do after that???????
I want to do medical actually so which
will be better options of colleges or schools in Kolkata for me.......

20th June 2014, 02:45 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after ICSE if aiming to join Medical? Which will be better colleges or schools for medical in Kolkata?

It is good to see that you have set your career objectives and goals beforehand and aiming to achieve it through hard work and following the right path. There is no need to worry as long as this discussion platform is present. Since you want to become doctor or rather go in the medical field so you should do the following.

- You should take up science stream in your 11th standard.
- Make sure you keep Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the core subjects.
- Start preparing for the entrance exams right from the first day of 11th.
- First of all get to know all the concepts and fundamentals and then approach to problem solving.
- You can take coaching in the leading coaching institutes like Aakash, Vidyamandir, etc.
- Lastly, work hard, study seriously, stress more on effective study and have self confidence to crack the entrance exam.

Some of the entrance exams based on which you can get admission in the leading medical institutes of the country are NEET, JIPMER,AIIMS, AFMC. For admission in the medical colleges in Kolkata you need to get a very good rank in WBJEE (medical).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?