21st February 2011, 12:04 PM
dharanyabalaraman

Procedure to join medical colleges?

many of the students in middle class wish to study medical but they don"t know th proper procedure to join in the medical institute so i need a proper details to join in medical colleges?

Related Questions:
  1. List of institutes offering MBBS course after B. Pharmacy?
  2. How may I get admission in German colleges for MBBS courses? What's the procedure for the same?
  3. What's the procedure for getting admission in medical colleges of Tamilnadu after 12th std?
  4. Which are the good medical colleges in abroad? Procedure to apply for scholarships?
  5. Procedure to apply in government medical colleges? List of good medical colleges?
  6. Is there any foreign quota in medical colleges? Fee structure and procedure for admission?
  7. Procedure to follow to apply for scholarship in private medical colleges in West Bengal? -- [New]
  8. How to take MSc medical microbiology? Which are the best colleges?
  9. Am I eligible to get a seat in BDS after scoring 9037 rank in EAMCET?
  10. Procedure to join masters degree in medical electronics in Anna University affiliate college
  11. List of medical colleges(MBBS) Gujarat? Procedure for admission?
  12. Number of seats available in various colleges of Gujarat for PG in Medical? Procedure to be followed?
  13. Procedure to join Army after MSc Medical Microbiology?
  14. What is the procedure of getting admission in MBBS in Rajasthan medical colleges?
  15. Procedure for Admission in Karnataka Medical Colleges under Kashmiri Migrant Catergory
  16. Syllabus of Medical Microbiology? List of colleges for Medical Microbiology course in Maharashtra? Admission procedure and fee structure?
  17. How to join harvard medical? I am studying in government medical college in AP
  18. What is the procedure to join MSc Medical Anatomy course? Fee structure details and eligibility criteria? -- [Most Discussed]
30th March 2011, 01:05 AM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to join medical colleges?

Admission requirements for the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Course as per MCI mandate requires that a candidate:

Must be 17 years of age on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the MBBS course
Must have passed the qualifying examination under the Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination
Must have a combination of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics in the last two years of study or any other elective subjects with English
The level of English must not be less than the core course as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education

(Note: for exceptions to these general rules, check with the Medical Council of India or local colleges)

Procedure for selection to MBBS course is as follows:

The selection of students to medical college shall be based solely on merit. For determining the merit, the following criteria have been adopted uniformly throughout the country:
A competitive entrance examination is absolutely necessary in the cases of Institution of All India character.
In case of admission on the basis of qualifying examination under clause (1) based on merit the following rules must be followed:

Candidate for admission to MBBS course must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually
Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in the clause (2) of regulation 4
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) or Other Backward Classes (OBC) must have 40% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination

In case of admission on the basis of Competitive Entrance Examination under clause (2) to (4) of this regulation, the following points must be kept in mind:

Candidates must have individually passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks taken together in Physics Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in clause (2) of regulation 4
Candidates’ name must also be present in the merit list prepared as a result of such competitive entrance examination by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology competitive examination
Candidates belonging to Schedule Castes (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST) or Other Backward Classes (OBC) must have 40% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination

Provided that a candidate has appeared in the qualifying examination, the result of which has not been declared, he may be provisionally permitted to take up the competitive entrance examination. However, in case of selection for admission to the MBBS course, the candidate will not be admitted to that course until he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria under regulation 4.
(Source: Medical Council of India)
30th March 2011, 07:09 PM
tannu90

Madras Medical College is the oldest medical colleges in Tamilnadu and probably in India. It was established in 1850 and first batch of students successfully completed the course of Diploma of Graduate in 1852. Initially the affiliation of this college was with University of Madras. From 1988, the courses offered here are affiliated to Dr.MGR Medical University.

Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy was the first Indian women who graduated in medical sciences from this college in 1912. This reputed college has been the motherland for many reputed Doctors in India and even abroad.

Madras Medical College has been continuously producing Top 10 students in India for many years. The college also has the pride of possessing the first heart transplant center in India at the public sector hospital. (General Hospital)

Under Graduate Courses:

MBBS

Bachelor of Pharmacy

Bachelor of Science in Nursing

Post B.Sc.Nursing

BPT

Post Graduate Courses:

The college offers number of specialty courses at PG level.

M.D. in the field of General Medicine, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Dendrology, Biochemistry, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Microbiology, Pediatrics, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatry Medicine, Radio therapy, Radio diagnosis, Tuberculosis & Chest disease and Obstetrics & Gynecology are the courses offered here.

Master of Science – Anatomy

Master of Science – ENT

Master of Science – General Surgery

Master of Science – Ophthalmology

Master of Science – Orthopedics

Master of Pharmacy

Master of Science – Nursing

Post Graduate Super Specialty Course

D.M. Neurology

D.M. Cardiology

D.M. Oncology

D.M. Rheumatology

D.M. Gastro Enterology

D.M. Nephrology

D.M. Clinical Hematology

M.Ch. Cardio Thoracic Surgery

M.Ch. Pediatric Surgery

M.Ch. Neuro Surgery

M.Ch. Plastic Surgery

M.Ch. Genito Urinary Surgery

M.Ch. Surgical Gastroenterology

M.Ch. Vascular Surgery

M.Ch. Endocrine Surgery

Post Graduate Diploma Courses are offered in the disciplines of Obstetrics & Gynecology (DGO), Child Health (DCH), Medical Radio Diagnosis (DMRD), Anesthesia (DA), Orthopedics, Dermatology, Venerology, Ophthalmology, Tuberculosis & Respiratory medicine, Psychiatry Medicine (DPM), Clinical Pathology (DCP), Public Health (DPH), Physical Medicine, and Diabetology.

The Madras Medical College also has 9 other institutions in Chennai each one of them annexed with hospitals, and well known for offering excellent health care services to the people.

Madras Medical College

EVR Periyar Salai

Park Town

Chennai – 600 003

Phone: 044 – 2530 5000

Email: [email protected]

9th April 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

sir may i know the date of application form
18th April 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

192 cut off mark is enough to join govt. Medical college?
2nd May 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

I AM BELONGING TO THE CASTE SC WHAT IS THEcut off mark is enough to join govt. Medical college?
6th May 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

MAY I KNOW THE FEE STRUCTURE OF YOUR COLLEGE?
22nd June 2011, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

I am a student completed my 10 2 3 and i have a keen interest in joining the medical field and course of MBBS or BDS and i had not appeared for any of the entrance exam so can i get admission in medical on the basis of my graduation result. Will be promptly waiting for your reply. Mine id is [email protected]
16th July 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

sir, I have passed 12th this year from maharashtra board and got 50% and apply for class improvement exam this year only if i got good % this time and done good in MHTCET next year then i get admission or not in MBBS reply on my email id, [email protected] plz iam in stress
10th February 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

waht is qualified markes for get govermantcolleage
15th February 2012, 06:38 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharanyabalaraman View Post
many of the students in middle class wish to study medical but they don"t know th proper procedure to join in the medical institute so i need a proper details to join in medical colleges?
HI,
For joining the top medical college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> A.I.P.M.T
> A.I.I.M.S
> A.F.M.C
> J.I.P.M.E.R
> B.H.U
> A.M.U
> STATE-P.M.T( Bihar-P.M.T, Punjab-P.M.T etc)
etc

After qualifying these exam you can take admission in top medical college in India..

GOOD LUCK!
14th March 2013, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

what's the percentage needed to get seat in merit ???? please reply...
14th March 2013, 06:02 PM
questionsanswers

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to join medical colleges?

Quote:
I suggest you to write the NEET exams,but unfortunately the last date to submit the forms has gone.
14th March 2013, 06:34 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
From the year 2013 a common Entrance Test is conducted through which you will able to get Admission in Medical Colleges of Indian based on the Ranking you will get.

This Common Medical Entrance Test is Known by CBSE NEET.
For appearing in this exam,you will have to meet these Eligibility :-

-->>You should be passed out in 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Biology.
-->>Your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 50%.
-->>Your minimum age should be 17 years.
-->>Your age should not be above 25 years.

Exam Syllabus and its details :-

PHYSICS :- Total number of questions will be 45.

CHEMISTRY :- Total questions will be 45.

BIOLOGY :- This include questions from Botany and Zoology.It will contain 90 questions.

NOTE :-
-->>Total marks for this exam will be 180.
-->>Total duration for this exam will be 3 hours.

FOR CBSE NEET Official website -->> Click-Here .

8th March 2014, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

i am BC caste so what cutoff to get seat in madras medical college and course is MBBS
22nd April 2015, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

I did not apply for NEET? how to get admission in tamilnadu medical colleges
21st March 2016, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Where is the Center for this class and how to apply
3rd February 2020, 12:12 PM
shanelowney
Junior Member+

First of all, you need to pass the MCAT exam with good grades, then you thought about any medical college. If you want direct admission in medical degree then visit All Saints University College of Medicine, which offers direct admissions to medical students in medical courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?