3rd April 2021, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an Indian Navy Officer being a 12th Science student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a 12th student with Manipur Board and studying Science stream with PCM. I want to join Indian Navy as an Officer. Kindly tell me what I have to do for achieving my aim?

4th April 2021, 12:21 AM
Pikachuuuu

Default Re: What should I do to become an Indian Navy Officer being a 12th Science student?

You should appear and score good in JEE Main exam to get an additional opportunity to join as an officer.

You can join as an officer via NDA or CES recruitment.

With UPSC NDA recruitment you will go through-
1. Written test
2. SSB interview
3. Medical test
4. Merit list

With CES recruitment you will go through-
1. SSB Interview
2. Medical exam
3. Merit list

For CES recruitment you must have JEE Main score card with good marks.

For NDA recruitment you must have appearing or completed intermediate.
6th April 2021, 10:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an Indian Navy Officer being a 12th Science student?

To become officer in Indian Navy, you have to appear and qualify in NDA examination.

Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. The eligibility to appear in the examination for recruitment in Navy is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th with PCM as main paper.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th April 2021, 04:01 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Being a student of Class 12th to become a Commissioned Officer in Indian Navy, you are required to qualify NDA (National Defense Academy)/ NA (Naval Academy) Examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Apart from your educational qualification, to appear in this examination, you are required to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years. Also, you must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

Apart from NDA/NA examination, you can also join Indian Navy after completion of your B.E./B.Tech. degree course (if you go for this course) through CDS (Combined Defense Services) Examination.

For details regarding various career options available in Indian Navy, you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in while for details regarding NDA and CDS examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
7th April 2021, 08:17 PM
Ulna
Banned

The criteria that you will have to fulfill in order to become a navy officer is
Age for 10 plus two graduates aged between 16.5 to 19 years
The candidate should
The marital status should be unmarried
There are two conditions for education qualification
The first condition is
application for the post of an officer in electrical or Marine Engineering or architect should have passed 12th standard with in physics chemistry and mathematics with an aggregate of 75 percentage
for executive GS hydrocare the education qualification is PG or BTech
for Infotech the education qualification is BSC ,Mtech MSc in computer ,BCA
For the technical general service the education qualification is engineering branch like Marine mechanical aeronautical metallurgyor an electric branch which will be having electrical electronics telecommunication or any other age
for the entry into submarine the candidate must possess at least 55% marks in b e aur b tech degree from a recognised University
for naval architecture the candidate must have study be or BTech in mechanical ,civil, aeronautical metallurgy or naval architecture
for a pilot in the education qualifications will be b.Ed or BTech to from a discipline recognised University with a minimum of 60% in marks and the candidate must have an aggregate of 60 percentage in his 10th and 12th standard along with English
Naval armament inspector cader should have the education qualification of BE or BTech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?