14th March 2017, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

What subjects I need to study after matric to become a doctor?

Sir, I am in 10th standard now. My goal is to become a doctor.after finishing matric. What subject I have to choose to become a doctor? What are the needed subject to become a doctor after matric?

15th March 2017, 03:46 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects I need to study after matric to become a doctor?

To be a doctor, you have to take medical stream in 11th and 12th standard. You should have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the three main subjects in intermediate to make your career as a doctor. After completion of 12th standard, you have to appear in AIPMT entrance exam to get admission in well reputed medical college.
You should concentrate on basics concepts of biology to get ease in further engineering studies.
15th March 2017, 04:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 10th student and looking to be a doctor in future you need to pursue your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board of examination.

Further after completing your Class 12th with PCB stream you will need to pursue MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) degree course and for pursuing the same from any medical college of India you need to qualify NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) or AIIMS entrance examination. Further you need to pursue MD ( Master of Doctor )/ MS ( Master of Surgery ) with some specialization course for becoming a doctor.
15th March 2017, 05:22 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To become doctor you must have to study physics, chemistry and Biology in your 11th and 12th standard standard. You must have to score at least 50% marks in 12th board examination in order to become doctor. You have to qualify the entrance exam if you want to take admission in government institute moreover on the basis of money you can take admission in management quota seat also.
15th March 2017, 07:18 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am in 10th standard now. My goal is to become a doctor.after finishing matric. What subject I have to choose to become a doctor? What are the needed subject to become a doctor after matric?
You will have to choose Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects in Class XI and XII to become a doctor in the future. You will have to score at least 60% marks in 12th board examinations to become a doctor. You will have to appear for the NEET examination to join the MBBS course after completion of Class XII. The competition for the admission to the MBBS will be high compared to other courses in India. So you have to score very good marks in Class XII and entrance examination (NEET) to get a seat in MBBS. The course duration will be 4.5 years and 1 year compulsory rotating internship.
15th March 2017, 07:50 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Doctor generally means Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery graduate. MBBS is course which any person needs to pursue in order to become doctor in private or government hospitals.

Entrance exam for MBBS course is: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Requirements for NEET exam is:

Senior secondary passed or board appearing candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects can apply for NEET exam.

After tenth, you can select Science stream with PCB subjects. Minimum of 50% marks in 12th is required.
15th March 2017, 08:48 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

To be a doctor the most basic educational qualification required is a senior secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board.

So as you are interested in becoming doctor in future hence you need to opt Science stream with PCB group in your Class 12th after completing your Class 10th.

Also after completing your Class 12th with PCB group you need to pursue MBBS degree course followed by MD/MS degree to be a doctor in a specialized field.
15th March 2017, 09:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to make your career in Medical field after the completion of class 10th, you must opt Science stream in class 11th.
You must take subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects in order to pursue for Medical field.
After the completion of your class 12th successfully, you must have to appear in the entrance examination, qualifying in which you can take admission under the course of MBBS.
15th March 2017, 10:37 PM
AshitaBanerjee

The main subjects required to become a Doctor are Physics, Chemistry, Biology,the main science stream along with maths and others. You will have to score very good marks in the science group for further admission in medical colleges.
16th March 2017, 12:46 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You need to choose science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

After that, you can apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test to join MBBS course and become doctor.

You should have 50% marks or more in 10+2. Minimum age is 17 years.
15th June 2020, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I am from north east India so which college will be best for me to study for being a doctor
26th November 2021, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS MATICULAR PERCENTAGE REQUIRED FOR ARMY DOCTOR
27th March 2022, 04:27 AM
Unregistered

Which universities in the nine provinces offer an MBBS degree
9th August 2022, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

What subject should I take as honour after classVII
?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?