19th April 2016, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the validity of Certification of 12th Class through National Open School?

Sir,

My son has not passed his 11th class in School.
If I go for doing 12th class through National Open School then will he eligible for doing D.Pharma Course in any College.
Have Pharmacy Council of India consider or approved a valid - certification of 12th class through National Institute of Open School for doing D.Pharma Course.

Regards
MONICA BHALLA

Related Questions:
  1. Will there be written statement in my 12th certification if I have completed from open school and not regular?
  2. What happens if one completes 10+2 through open school?
  3. Will my 12th certificate be valid if I get passed from a open school?
  4. Can I be eligible for Haryana PMT test after passing 12th from National Open School Delhi?
  5. Which board certificate will I get after passing 12th from Open School?
  6. Can I join Aeronautical Engineering after completing 12th from national institute of open school?
  7. Which boards certificate will I get after passing 12th from open school?
  8. Can I join Aeronautical Engineering in any college after completing 12th from National Institute of Open school?
  9. Can i give 12th class exam again through open school?
  10. Is it possible to achieve 90% marks in open schooling with science stream in class 12th?
  11. Can I get admission in IP University to study BCA if study 12th NIOS?
  12. Which marks will be considered if I have given both 12th main exams and also from open school?
  13. Can I get admission to study 12th from CBSE Open School? Is CBSE Open School equivalent to CBSE Board? List of CBSE Open Schools in Delhi? When the application form will be release?
  14. Is it possible to get admission for 12th in a new school after completion of 11th? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Direct 12th without 11th having a year gap after 10th? After 12th from Open school can one apply for IIT?
  16. Which are the best college for electric diploma?
  17. How to get direct admission in class 12th under open school in Indore?
  18. Switch over from 12th ISC to CBSE? Contact number of open schools of Orissa?
19th April 2016, 08:24 PM
senguptaphysics

Default Re: What is the validity of Certification of 12th Class through National Open School?

NIOS exam is conducted by NCERT and is a certified curriculum. There should not be any reason for refusing on the basis of that certificate . Then admission to any higher course will require fulfilling their admission criteria which one has to think about.
19th April 2016, 08:35 PM
harsh590
Junior Member+

Default Re: What is the validity of Certification of 12th Class through National Open School?

hello,

You've not mentioned about the stream from which your Child has done his 12th from National Open School.

The Eligibility of D.Pharma Course is as follows :

>Intermediate Examination in Science.
or
>10+2 Examination(academic stream) in Science
or
>Pre degree examination

If your Child has done his 12th from Science ( Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics) He is eligible for the D.Pharma Course.
19th April 2016, 11:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If a student pass 12th from National Institute of Open Schooling then it has same value as that of other boards such as CBSE, ICSE, ISC and other state boards. National Institute of Open Schooling is recognised in all over India. You are eligible to appear in the entrance exams.
20th April 2016, 05:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if your son has completed class 12th from NIOS with PCB stream then there will no problem. NIOS is a recognized way of getting school certificate. Admission will be through entrance exam and seats are allotted through counselling.

Diploma in Pharmacy is a 2 years duration course and regular classes are compulsory being a technical course. Just be prepared for entrance exam.
20th April 2016, 05:55 PM
ElsieMcHenry

yes. you can do pharmacy course after doing 12th in open schooling. NIOS is the largest board after CBSE and ICSE and also has equivalent wieghtage to that of CBSE and ICSE.
20th April 2016, 07:46 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

My son has not passed his 11th class in School.
If I go for doing 12th class through National Open School then will he eligible for doing D.Pharma Course in any College.
Have Pharmacy Council of India consider or approved a valid - certification of 12th class through National Institute of Open School for doing D.Pharma Course.

Regards
MONICA BHALLA
Pursuing D.pharma (Diploma in Pharmacy) after completing 12th from NIOS(National Institute of Open Schooling) with science stream is very much possible for students.
NIOS offers courses through open learning programme. This institute is approved by NCERT. So, certificate of NIOS is valid in almost all the sector.
Since, you have mentioned that your son has not passed 11th standard. So, First complete his 11th & 12th standard and then he will be eligible for pursuing D.pharma.
21st April 2016, 09:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to say you that there will be no problem to opt D.Pharma course if anyone pursue class 12th from open schooling.
Let me clear your confusion. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous organisation by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. So, there should be no problem regarding the higher studies. So, there should be problem
22nd April 2016, 08:46 PM
IQ14

NIOS is an open schooling board. In an open schooling board there is no need to attend the regular classes. NIOS is undertaken by the union government of India. NIOS is same as the other boards of India like CBSE and ISC.
NIOS certification is valid. NIOS is highly recognized board of India. NIOS certificate is acceptable throughout the India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?