25th June 2015, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Whether a 12th PCM candidate is eligible to study B.Sc(Nursing)?

Hello,
I am an Indian female student and doing Higher Secondary. I want to do B.Sc in Nursing course after my Higher Secondary. But I have select PCM in my 12th Science. I want to know I am eligible for B.Sc(Nursing) or not?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I study in B.Sc after completing 12th PCM?
  2. How and where to appear as an Isolated candidate to give 11th and 12th exams with PCM?
  3. Eligibility to study D.Pharmacy for 12th PCM NIOS candidate?
  4. Am I eligible to appear for AIEEE to get admission into NITs having scored 56% in 12th class and 46% in PCM being a candidate from SC category?
  5. Am I eligible to study B.Sc in Optometry if completed 12th PCM and B.Sc in Pure Chemistry?
  6. Which publications of Books I need to prepare for Chemistry and Physics being a candidate of 12th class with PCM? How to study well 2 months being weak in these subjects?
  7. Can I study B.Sc again based on 12th PCM?
  8. Is it possible to do course in Mass communication after 12th Commerce?
  9. Am I eligible to study in Aeronautical engineering college after scoring 50% in PCM?
  10. How to join merchant Navy after doing 10th with 75% -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility to get admission in Massachusetts Institute of Technology for a candidate who secured 76%, and 84% in 10th and 12th respectively of MP Board?
  12. Is there any job available in Indian Air Force after passing B.Com, LLB?
  13. How can I get admission to study B.Sc(Biotechnology) in Jadavpur University after completing 12th PCM?
  14. Whether a NIOS candidate is eligible to study further in Kerala and Abroad?
  15. Am I eligible to study LLB if completed 12th Arts with 91% marks being a 18 years old female candidate?
  16. How can I get admission in Aligarh Muslim University for B.Tech program?
  17. B.Tech in Abroad with scholarship for 12th PCM student?
  18. Colleges offering Biomechanics course in India?
27th June 2015, 03:08 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a 12th PCM candidate is eligible to study B.Sc(Nursing)?

Yes, you are very much eligible to pursue B.Sc Nursing course. Below however, I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for B.Sc Nursing course. Kindly have a look at it.

To prusue B.Sc Nursing course you need to fulfil the following below mentioned criterias;

> Candidate need to have completed their 12th standard from a recognised board/University

> Candidate needs to have scored a minimum of 55% marks in +2 level

> Candidate's minimum age should not be below 17 years

> The upper age of the candidate should not exceed 28 years
27th June 2015, 08:44 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for B.Sc Nursing:

You should have passed with science(PCB) & English core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board.

Minimum age is 17 years.

Student must be medically fit.

Students appearing in 10+2 examination in science conducted by National Institute of Open School with 45% marks.

Student shall be admitted once in a year.
27th June 2015, 09:34 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for B.Sc Nursing :

>> You need to complete 12th with Biology, Physics and Chemistry are the main subjects from the recognized Board.

>> Actually the candidates who having 12th with MPC stream they are not eligible to apply for B.Sc Nursing.

>> Should secure minimum 40% of marks in 12th Examination.

>> Age should in between these limits.

* Minimum Age : 17 years

* Maximum Age : 35 years.

Above are the various requirements to do B.Sc Nursing. But you need to submit some certificates at the time of Admission like marks lists of Educational qualifications, Caste Certificate, T.C , Medical Fitness Certificate etc.,
27th June 2015, 10:22 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Whether a 12th PCM candidate is eligible to study B.Sc(Nursing)?

It totally depends on the college to college because few of colleges provides admission on the basis of merit list generated by 12th class marks of Physics / Chemistry / Biology subjects but has passed from PCM so in that case you are not eligible and when we talk about entrance exams you are not able to clear the exam because you even don't know a single word about Biology so its really very difficult to clear the test.

If you really wanna go for desired stream then go for private colleges they will provide you admission because for them it doesn't matters that how many marks you got in 12th class or even from which stream you passed 12th class because they just wanna fill up their seats only.
27th June 2015, 12:47 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for B.Sc Nursing :

** The minimum age of admission shall be 17 years but not more than 35 years.

** Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (10+2 course) with at least minimum passing marks.

** If candidate is Non Residential Indian (NRI) He/ She must submit a copy of his/her Green Card.

** Original documents as required, of admitted candidate will be retained by the authority.

Best options for you are listed as below :

** Ceramic Institute of Technology and Research, Alwar.

** Gyan Vihar School of Engineering & Technology, Jaipur.

** Arya College Of Engineering & IT, Jaipur.

** Engineering College, University of Rajasthan, Kota.

** Apex Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jaipur.

** Institute of Advanced Studies in Education IASE, Churu.

** Baldev Ram Mirdha Institute Of Technology (BITS), Pilani.

** IET Biotech Institute, Alwar
27th June 2015, 01:34 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No you are not eligible to do B.Sc in Nursing as you are a non-medical candidate. B.Sc nursing is a course related to medical field thus subject combination required for this course is Physics, Chemistry, Biology. Only Medical stream students are eligible to apply for this course.

As if you really want to join this course then you can join 12th standard with medical stream through NIOS. After that you will eligible for applying in this course.
27th June 2015, 05:27 PM
reconnect

Yes , you are eligible to study B.sc(Nursing). As you have passed your 12th with PCM so, it may be a problem for you because Nursing course is related to biology.

You should have passed 12th with PCB from a Recognized board.

Minimum age should be 17 years.

You can be admitted only once.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?