31st January 2016, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Whether B.Com with 'A' level Computer course is enough for teaching or not?

Hi,

I have completed my B.Com and 'A' Level Computer Course. I am 24 years old now. I am interested in making career in teaching. So please tell me if my present qualification is enough for the purpose?

31st January 2016, 12:27 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether B.Com with 'A' level Computer course is enough for teaching or not?

No, your present qualification is not quite enough for you to become a teacher. You will probably have to have a B.Ed degree and clear CTET examination in order to be eligible to opt for a teacher job in any good school.
31st January 2016, 12:32 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether B.Com with 'A' level Computer course is enough for teaching or not?

It's good that you have completed your B.Com with 'A' level Computer course but I am sorry to say that this is not enough in order to become a teacher in any good school.

You should have a B.Ed degree along with CTET result in order to be eligible to apply for as a teacher.
31st January 2016, 07:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

These days B.Ed is a compulsory qualification for becoming a teacher. In government schools you can't get teaching job without B.Ed qualification.

Private schools may hire you for teaching posts without B.Ed buy that is very rare these days because most of them give preference to B.Ed qualified candidates.
31st January 2016, 09:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes on the basis of your graduation level you can apply for Teacher Eligibility Test to serve as a teacher in a school upto class 10th:

Eligibility to appear in teacher eligibility test:

Candidate must have citizenship of India.
Candidate must have done graduation in any discipline from recognised University with at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories as per government rules.
B ED is mandatory.
No upper age limit is specified.
31st January 2016, 10:37 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To become a teacher in any school, candidates need to have B.Ed or D.Ed degree.
B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education while D.Ed stands for Diploma of Education.
With B.Ed or D.Ed, candidates also need to qualify TET examination to become teacher.
TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test.
TET examination is conducted by Central as well as state governments separately.
STET( State Teacher Eligibility Test) qualified candidates are recruited by the state government directly.
TET conducted by Central Govt is known as CTET.
CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and it is conducted by CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education) twice in a year in month of February and September.
Candidates qualified in CTET need to respond for the vacancy from the CBSE affiliated schools by themselves and they may need to go through selection process as well if the school conducts selection examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?