18th April 2021, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Whether a Goa State Board candidate can get admission in any Government college to study MBBS through state reservation quota?

Hi friends, my daughter has passed 10th Board exam under Goa Board syllabus. Presently studying in 11th Science under the same Board. We are staying in South Goa for the last 10 years as I am working in a Government Sector. My daughter wants to appear in NEET-UG for admission in MBBS course. Whether my daughter can get admission to any of the Government College of Goa through reservation quota available under the control of Goa Government?

22nd April 2021, 01:41 AM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a Goa State Board candidate can get admission in any Government college to study MBBS through state reservation quota?

Yes, a Goa State Board candidate can get admission in any Government college to study MBBS through state reservation quota.

Total 85% are reserved for home state candidate.

If you have good score in NEET UG than you will surely get admission on the basis of merit list.
25th April 2021, 04:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a Goa State Board candidate can get admission in any Government college to study MBBS through state reservation quota?

Candidates are eligible to get admission in MBBS course after qualifying in NEET UG examination.

So, you have to appear and qualify in the NEET examination conducted by NTA. The common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate.

The reservation for state quota is only after qualifying in NEET.
25th April 2021, 08:20 PM
Mayuri haria

Yes, absolutely she will be able to gain admission under the state quota as there is 85% of reservation for the state vamdidates and the remaining 15% is for other states and the nri students
In order to get a government seat she will have to score good marks in the entrance exam as the admission to the government and private colleges of MBBS through the County isbased on the marks scored in the entetance exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?