15th February 2016, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Whether a CBSE candidate can get admission in any Government college to study MBBS/BDS through state reservation quota?

Sir,
My son has passed class 10th under CBSE syllabus from Odisha. Presently studying Class 11th Science under CBSE from Odisha. We are staying in Odisha from the last 10 years as I am working in a PSU. My son want to appear in AIPMT for admission in MBBS/BDS course. Question is whether my son can get admission to any of the Government College of Odisha through 85% Seat available under the control of Odisha Government? Kindly clarify.
Regards-

Related Questions:
  1. Reservation quota for CBSE students in Gujarat government engineering college?
  2. Reservation quota available in IIT for CBSE candidate?
  3. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is there any reservation quota available for CBSE student to study B.Tech in Maharashtra?
  5. GSEB or CBSE for admission in engineering?
  6. Where can I appear under 85% state reservation quota?
  7. Should I take admission in 11th GSEB Board to study in any Medical college of Gujarat after completing 12th CBSE?
  8. How can I get admission in any college of Delhi through JEE Mains being a candidate of Shimla?
  9. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  10. Is there NEET admiision under state quota?
  11. Can I apply for IBPS exam under OBC quota being BC-E candidate?
  12. List of government colleges I can apply for with my WB-JEE rank 17663? How can I avail sports quota for the same? I belong to OBC category
  13. How can I get admission in MNIT Allahabad under reservation of SC quota
  14. Which result should I use for admission in UPTU Old CBSE marksheet or improvement marksheet?
  15. Is there any reservation for state BC candidate in Central Government jobs?
  16. Quota for CBSE students in Gujarat engineering colleges? Is it advisable to study CBSE board in 11th & 12th if student wants to study in Gujarat Engg College?
  17. Can I get reservation to do M.Pharmacy in college after 5333 rank in PGECET?
  18. CBSE or State Board, which is better for Medical aspirant?
16th February 2016, 01:33 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether a CBSE candidate can get admission in any Government college to study MBBS/BDS through state reservation quota?

If there is any reservation made in those colleges for Odisha students, then surely your child is eligible to opt for the reservation under state quota if he fulfills the requirement laid by the college.
16th February 2016, 01:38 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a CBSE candidate can get admission in any Government college to study MBBS/BDS through state reservation quota?

If he is a domicile of Odisha then he is very much eligible to avail the reservation quota otherwise I am sorry to say that he will not be eligible to get any reserved seats under the government college. Therefore, you should contact the prospective college initially and try to get the required information at the earliest.
16th February 2016, 06:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Through AIPMT your son will be surely eligible for central government medical colleges in Odisha. There is no doubt about it but your son needs to perform excellently in the entrance exam then only he will get college through counselling.

For state government medical colleges in Odisha there is separate entrance exam and only domicile students from the state of Odisha are eligible for those seats.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?