6th October 2018, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Whether Mathematics is important to study for becoming a Scientist?

Hello everyone, I am from WBBSE Board and studying in 9th standard. I am very weak in Mathematics. But my Life Science and Physical Science are strong. I want to become a Scientist in future. So, I have to strong my Mathematics for this? Is Chemistry so important?

10th October 2018, 01:21 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Mathematics is important to study for becoming a Scientist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone, I am from WBBSE Board and studying in 9th standard. I am very weak in Mathematics. But my Life Science and Physical Science are strong. I want to become a Scientist in future. So, I have to strong my Mathematics for this? Is Chemistry so important?

Mathematics is not important for becoming a Scientist in the future. It depends on the interest of the aspirant, if he/she interested in doing research in science subjects, then it is not necessary to study Mathematics. The aspirant can choose to study the subject in which he/she has an interest. To become a Scientist, the aspirant can study, graduation and post graduation in the same subject and then do research. Therefore, mathematics is not important for becoming a Scientist in the future.
10th October 2018, 06:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Mathematics is important to study for becoming a Scientist?

There is life science field available for you, if you are weak mathematics, but surely maths is every important these days. You can study zoology or botany and become scientist in life science field too.

If you are studying physics and chemistry or even engineering, you need to study maths well. Also, make sure you get admission at a reputed college or university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?