10th October 2018, 04:47 AM
Unregistered

Will I face problem in MBBS admission being an NIOS student?

Hello everyone, I would like to know that if the student gives 12th from NIOS then will the student get problem in future or while taking admission in MBBS college? We will get bright future or dark future?

14th October 2018, 05:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I face problem in MBBS admission being an NIOS student?

NIOS is a recognized open schooling institution and you need to just have PCB stream in class 12th to become eligible for MBBS admission. Just make sure you are having 50% marks in PCB.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam like NEET or any other medical entrance exam of your choice.

15th October 2018, 01:07 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS is a central government recognized board of India for secondary and senior secondary board examination. The academic qualification required for MBBS admission is 12th passed from a recognized board with PCB subjects.

Minimum percentage of marks required is 50% from a recognized board. The age criteria is 17-25 years.

15th October 2018, 08:21 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery and it is five year course. To get admission in the course you have to appear and qualify in NEET examination which will be conducted by NTA.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board with minimum 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.

NIOS is a recognised board so candidates passed 12th from NIOS are eligible for admission.

15th October 2018, 10:54 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for admission in MBBS course. Candidates have to appear and qualify in NEET examination for admission in the course.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper with minimum 50%. Relaxation for reserved category.

If you will do better and hard work then you will definitely have bright future.

15th October 2018, 02:30 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggests it is an undergraduate degree course of five and a half years including an year of internship after completing which a candidate head towards becoming a doctor.

The minimum education required to pursuing MBBS degree course is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in PCB group from a recognized board of education.

As far as you are concerned about the validity of Class 12th from NIOS board for pursuing MBBS degree course then I would like to let you know that NIOS being one of three national board of education is accepted for all job and courses and therefore to be eligible to pursue MBBS degree course, you just need to opt for PCB group subjects and need to secure at least 50% ( or 40% marks in case you belong to reserved category ).

Also, for pursuing MBBS degree course from a medical college in India, you need to qualify NEET or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.

15th October 2018, 03:16 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery and it is five year course. Candidates have to appear and qualify in NEET examination or examination which is conducted by AIIMS, JIPMER etc.

The required qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper with minimum 50%.

To get admission in the course you have to appear and qualify in NEET examination. There is no issue in appearing for examination with NIOS board.

15th October 2018, 05:12 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

Eligibility criteria for MBBS course:

1. You must have passed 12th from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in board examination is required.

3. National Institute of Open Schooling is a recognized board. You will not face any problem.

15th October 2018, 05:16 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not face any problem in MBBS admission if you have completed your 12th standard from NIOS board.
The candidate must have completed 12th standard from a recognised board with PCB.

15th October 2018, 05:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

One who is interested to appear in MBBS medical entrance exam must have completed 12th standard with PCB from a recognised board.
As you have completed your 12th standard from NIOS board hence you are not going to face any problem while appearing for MBBS admission. Because NIOS board stand for National Institute of Open Schooling and it has same value as that of other boards.

15th October 2018, 06:35 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You will not face any problem if you are from National Institute of Open Schooling in case of Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Medicine Surgery.

NIOS students are allowed to appear for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET is an exam for admission in MBBS course.

Candidates who are 12th passed with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for admission in MBBS course.

15th October 2018, 06:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not face problem in getting admission in MBBS course if you will qualify in NEET examination.

NIOS is a recognised board and candidate passed 12th from the board in PCB with minimum 50% are eligible to appear for MBBS course.

So, you just need to focus on your preparation instead of getting worried about the eligibility and other details.

15th October 2018, 07:30 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Being a student of NIOS also you will not face any problem while admission in MBBS.
You can get admission to pursue MBBS after clearing NEET entrance examiination.
You must have completed 10+2 from any of the recognized board with a minimum of 60% aggregate.
Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply but must have passed their 10+2 before admission.

15th October 2018, 08:02 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course.

Eligibility for NEET entrance exam:

Academic qualification: 12th from a recognized board. PCB subjects are mandatory.

Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.

You are eligible for MBBS admission after 12th from NIOS board.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?