13th January 2013, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

How to join 3 years Law course? I am a 1st year student of Urdu Hon

I am BA 1st year student urdu (hons) . after graduation i want to join 3years law coures . if it is possible please let me know.

14th January 2013, 08:37 AM
denwer1

Default Re: How to join 3 years Law course? I am a 1st year student of Urdu Hon

Dear friend ..yes you can opt for the LLB course. For that you have to appear in the CLAT examination. You can opt for this after your graduation and join the llb course.
14th January 2013, 08:40 AM
denwer1

Yes you can opt for the 3 years LLB course. For this you have to appear in the CLAT examination after your graduation and join the course.
14th January 2013, 04:27 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am BA 1st year student urdu (hons) . after graduation i want to join 3years law coures . if it is possible please let me know.
There is a common Entrance Test conducted for taking admission in LLB Course.This Entrance Exam is CLAT(Common Law Admission Test).
Even after completing your Graduation you will be eligible to take Admission in this course only when you will fulfill its eligibility criteria.

The Eligibility you will require in order to appear in this Entrance Exam is :-

Educational qualification :-
  • Minimum education required is 10+2/Intermediate pass out in any stream from recognized board/university.
  • During the time of appearing in this exam,your age should not be above 20 years,if you belong from the General/OBC category.
  • If you will be from SC/ST category then it should not be above 22 years.
Marks :-
  • Your minimum marks in 10+2 should be at least 50% if you will be from General/OBC category.
  • If you will be from SC/ST category then it should be 45% at least.
Syllabus :-

1. English Comprehension.
  2. Numerical ability.
  3. Logical Reasoning.
  4. Legal Aptitude.
  5. General Knowledge & Current Affairs.
Marks for Each sections :-
  1. From English Comprehension - 40 Marks.
  2. From Numerical Ability - 20 Marks.
  3. From Logical Reasoning - 40 Marks.
  4. Legal Aptitude - 50 Marks.
  5. General Knowledge & Current Affairs - 50 Marks.
NOTE :-
  • The Number of questions will be same as its Marks from each sections.
  • Total duration of this Exam will be 2 hours.
14th January 2013, 06:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes, It is definitely possible to pursue LLB course upon the completion of graduation. You can apply for the 3 years LLB course after completing graduation in any discipline. Which means that even after BA in Urdu, you will be eligible for the course.

Although the 3 years LLB course is losing popularity because of integrated LLB course, there are still several universities that are offering LLB course. The integrated LLB course has duration of 5 years.

It combines a bachelor course and LLB. Which means that instead of doing graduation, candidates can directly apply for the law course after completing 12th standard. Earlier candidates had to do 3 years graduation followed by 3 years long LLB. Now after completing 12th they can take admission for 5 years long BA LLB course which saves them one year.

Since you have already taken admission for Bachelor of Arts, I believe that LLB would be the best option. There will be no sense in quiting graduation and going for BA LLB.

LLB Eligibility

1. Must have completed graduation in any stream.

2. At least 45 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST need 40 percent marks.

4. The maximum age limit is 30 years.

5. up to 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

6. The criteria for OBC is same as General.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?