29th March 2011, 08:55 AM
teju nexen

Which subjects should I opt in 11th so as to opt for Biomedical Engineering?

hello sir/madam

i completed my 10th boards & now i am looking ahead for a career in biomedical engineering !!!! what subjects should i opt in 11th for biomedical engineering ??

10th May 2011, 10:31 PM
vaarsha

Default Re: Which subjects should I opt in 11th so as to opt for Biomedical Engineering?

as you want biomedical engineering definitely u must choose maths,bio,phy and chem.
11th May 2011, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects should I opt in 11th so as to opt for Biomedical Engineering?

can a student take biotechnology engineering if he has taken physics,chemistry,maths,computer and english as his subjects in 11th and 12th if he is very keen to study biotechnology engineering?
18th May 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

can a student take biomedical engineering if he take phy ,che ,bio,computer science,and english in 11th and 12th
23rd May 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

is there any choice between bio,hindi and comp,for a student to become biomedical engineer in India ?
4th June 2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me can i take biomedical engineering if i take phy,che,math,computer and english in 11th &12th??
13th June 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

if i took computer science group can i do medical engineneering
14th June 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Without Math in class 11th I have taken phy, che, bio. Am I eligible for computer science engineering?
16th June 2011, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

which subjects should i choose in 11th so as to opt for medical science?
19th January 2012, 04:58 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Bio medical engineering is a very good and unusual course to pursue.

Basic Eligibility for pursuing bio medical engineering is:

Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.10+2 / I.Sc. Phy., Chem. & Math. Min. 50% Marks in each subject.

So you can take PCM with an optional subject as biology or you can take PCB with the optional subject as mathematics.

And you have to score a minimum of 50% in each of the subjects.

All the best.
20th January 2012, 02:15 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Most of the colleges and universities are asking 60% aggregate of Biology, Physics and chemistry. However the eligibilty criteria may vary in the foreign countries, subject to the standards and the reputation of the university concerned.
20th January 2012, 09:34 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
engineering is a discipline where you require more of mathematical knowledge and science background. So the essential subjects for the persuing engineering are mathematics, physics, chemistry . Only with above you will be able to do it. The fourth subject is optional but as you are interested in biomedical engineering it would be better you choose biology as your fourth subject.
The above are the subjects which are required for doing engineering there is no specific subjects for biomedical engineering. For studying engineering you need to concentrate more in mathematics, physics as the basic of it is necessary. At the time of doing your studies prepare for the entrance exam if you are interested. But do not worry most of the entrance exam includes the syllabus of the higher secondary course. You can go for coaching also . But do not forget your higher secondary studies also.
26th January 2012, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

i am having PCB with comp. as my subjects in 11th ISC board.can i go for biotechnology??
23rd April 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects in medical study
29th April 2012, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 10th and want to go for bio-medical engineering in future but i don't like maths too much so can i opt for pcb comp in 11th for this....?????
29th May 2012, 09:52 PM
Superankur

For biomedical engineering you should opt for science stream with PCB.
29th May 2012, 10:31 PM
Superankur

For admission in biomedical engineering the facts are:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:....
your 12th standard marks must be above 50% having PCM is one of the subject of 12th standard.
* Your minimum age should be 17 years old.
PMT is not only one entrance exam for MBBS course.In India there are so many entrance exams for MBBS course.But you must secure good rank on thoseexams.
The _*Entrance exams for Medicine*_ in India-
1. AIIMS - All India Institute of Medical Sciences AIIMS Entrance Exam
2. AFMC - Armed Forces Medical College Exam AFMC Entrance Exam.
3. AIPMT - All India Pre-Medical/ Pre-Dental Entrance Examination AIPMT Exam
4. AIPGMET - All India Post Graduate Medica
1st July 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

i can take medical science with maths in 11th class.please can anyone tell me this
2nd July 2012, 01:08 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

To study biomedical engineering you need to give the engineering entrance exam. Thus your subject combination should be physics, chemistry and biology.
Make it a point to get minimum 50% in aggregate at 10+2 level and 50% marks in PCB as otherwise you will not be allowed to sit for the exam.

Following are the top engineering colleges in India offering biomedical engineering course:-

All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Banaras Hindu University Institute of Technology
Anna University
Jadavpur University
Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering
Manipal Institute of Technology
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Center for Biomedical ResearchUniversity of Delhi
7th July 2012, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

which subjects to choose for construction of builbings
17th August 2012, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

i have physics,math,biology but no chemistry pls can i study biomedical engineering with this result in waec
4th December 2012, 04:45 PM
ashis.career

Bio medical engineering is a very good and unusual course to pursue.

Basic Eligibility for pursuing bio medical engineering is:

Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.10+2 / I.Sc. Phy., Chem. & Math. Min. 50% Marks in each subject.

So you can take PCM with an optional subject as biology or you can take PCB with the optional subject as mathematics.

And you have to score a minimum of 50% in each of the subjects.

All the best.
Ashis
6th December 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

i have opted maths physics chemistry and computer science can i take biotechnology courses after my twelfth please do help me
14th March 2013, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to take biomedical engineering if i have taken phy,chem,maths and geography in 11th standard???
14th March 2013, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to take biomedical engineering if i have taken phy,chem,maths and geography in 11th standard???
15th April 2013, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

which subject should i opt in 11th so as to opt for biotechnology engineering?
26th April 2013, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

i hav a combination of PCM with biotechnology nd english...will dat be alr8 to opt for biotechnology engineering???
27th May 2013, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Without Math in class 12th I have taken phy, che, bio. Am I eligible for computer science engineering?
24th September 2013, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

plz tell me all famous colleges of biomedical engineering
1st December 2013, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

can i opt for biomedical engineering without maths and computer
3rd September 2014, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

what are the courses that i have to complete inorder to do my medical engineering.....please guid me the information
3rd April 2015, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

I am in an urgent need.......i wish to take bio chem phy and comp for my 11th.......I jst hate maths......its my great desire to do bio medical engineering......sooo plss someone tell me am I eligible for bio medical engineering
24th April 2015, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

I have given 10th exam i want become a bio medical engineer. can i choose PCB group in11th.?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?