16th January 2013, 09:48 PM
ruchira nandeshwar

What should I go for between GATE and IES?

respected sir/ma'am,
i wanted to knw as i m a b.tech student,wat should i go for?GATE or IES? or can i give IES after completing m.tech? or cn i gv both the exams together? n i had another querry,which one is beter ? GATE or GRE?
sir/ma'am i really need ur help as it is so confusing.
thenk you..

11th February 2013, 02:17 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I go for between GATE and IES?

Selection between GATE and IES depends on your aim. If you are interested to pursue higher education courses like M.Tech, then you should qualify GATE. Qualifying IES exam will help you to have a rewarding job under central government. GRE will be useful join master degree courses in U.S or other English speaking country. Make a decision/selection after ensuring your future plan.

15th April 2013, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

please sir tell me which is better gate or ies?
is doing coaching for gate also help me in ies exams?

9th March 2015, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir..,please tell me is the syllabus for GATE and IES are same...? I mean if I take GATE coaching..then is there any need of pursuing IES coaching separately...?

23rd March 2015, 02:31 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

If you have completed your B.tech course then you should definelty go for the GATE entrance exams because there are some age limit criteria in case of IES but
GATE have no any age Limit.Also the no of seats through GATE is more than IES.So i will advice you to go for the GATE entrance only.

Some of the other details regarding gate are :-

GATE stands for GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERING.Final year students are also eligible for the GATE exams 2015.
Those who have completed their three years in the graduate level can appear in the GATE 2015 exams.

This is a very important exams for the graduates students.The gate rank holder students can go either for the higher studies like M.Tech Or can go for the Job IN PSU sector.
But the whole process is dependent on the basis of the GATE rank.

The jobs offered through gate rank varries as per the PSUs companies.Some of the PSUs companies are:-BHEL,GAIL,SAIL,NTPC,BARC,NPCIL,BEL......

All the government companies have their own Criteria and the different companies have thier own cut-off for the gate rank holder.
Hence your are kindly requested to please visit the official websites of these companies on the regular basis.

Hope it helps you.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?