19th April 2013, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Information regarding joint entrance exam?

i want a detailed information regarding the joint entry lateral entry examination ?when will this test will be held for the year2013 and regarding the application form from where i will get the application form for lateral entry what are the procedures

20th April 2013, 08:54 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information regarding joint entrance exam?

Hi Friend.................

Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
is an all India common entrance examination which is conducted for admission in various engineering courses like
B.Tech

B.E

B.Arch

and

B.Planning under the direction of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).

In 2012, CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has announced this common examination in place of AIEEE and IIT-JEE. JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is being conducted into two parts- JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced. JEE-Main exam is to admission in NITs (National Institute of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Tachnology), CFTIs (Central Funded Technical Institute), etc and JEE-Advanced is for admission in IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology), Banaras Hindu University (IIT-BHU) and the Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad.

Pattern of Examination

JEE-Main Exam has two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Candidates may opt for either or both of them.

>> Paper-1 is for admission in B.Tech, B.E (Online and Offline)

>> Paper-2 is for admission in B.Arch and B.Planning (Offline only)

Both papers contain objective type questions and the (approximately 150,000) qualified students are eligible to attend the JEE-Advanced Exam. The eligibility to write JEE-Advanced exam will be based on the performance in the JEE-Main examination.
22nd June 2013, 05:17 PM
surya143prakashrao
Member+

If you have taken the IIT JEE 2012 exam first time ...then you can take it one more time. If you are extremely serious about about getting into IIT and have full confidence then you should drop an year and prepare for it.
Otherwise you can Join some engineering college and start preparing simultaneously...
23rd June 2013, 05:03 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want a detailed information regarding the joint entry lateral entry examination ?when will this test will be held for the year2013 and regarding the application form from where i will get the application form for lateral entry what are the procedures

Hello friend,

>> Detail for Join Enterance Exam (JEE)
- Join Enterance Exam is taken by Indian Institute of Technology for giving admission in undergraduate courses.

>> Two JEE exam
- JEE Main
- JEE Advance

1) JEE Main
- This exam is taken in every years.
- This exam take purpose is get admission in engineering college.
- This exam conducted in IITs & NITs for give admission to after 12th.

2) JEE Advance
- This exam give only candidates who have cleared the JEE Main exam.
- This exam conduct by IITs.

>> Eligible Criteria
- Candidate must have passed Class 10+2 (Science) examination in recognized Board.

>> Age limit
- Max. 25 years.

>> Registration Fees
- General and OBC category pay Rs. 800/-
- SC/St category pay Rs. 400/-

All the best
29th January 2017, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

I am in 11th(pcm) .l want to be an IITian but if I crossed jee-main and jee-advance what type of expenses would be there in joining the college?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?