29th June 2013, 12:27 AM
gopihimanshu

How to take admission in MIT USA in computer science branch? What is the criteria?

i want to get admission in mit usa,in computer science branch
what are the criteria to get admission in this college
plz give me in detail
all thing fee structure,minimum percentage in graduation,every thing

30th June 2013, 12:18 AM
Palak_

Default Re: How to take admission in MIT USA in computer science branch? What is the criteria?

MIT looks at things like your extracurricular activities, GPA, and school involvement in addition to your scores, getting into college isn’t as difficult as it may seem.

Eligibility : Students give SAT tests in +1 and +2, so that best marks of 2 chances can be taken .Students are mostly 17 to 19yrs.
Tests
The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) as well as SAT, two SAT Subject Tests: one in math (level 1 or 2) and one in science (physics, chemistry, or biology e/m).

Fees : $55,000 per year (tuition, books, hostel)
You may get financial aid of $30,000.
83% of all MIT students who apply for aid receive an MIT scholarship. This is money that does not have to be paid back.

International students fill out the same application as domestic students. International students may only apply during the regular action cycle as follows.

Create a MyMIT account at official MIT site.(name should be same in this account and SAT)
Fill Part 1 of Application. (early september)
By November, contact your interviewer. (you have to do it)
Apply to MIT by january 1
Complete mid year report.
Decision is releases on late march.

There is no cutoff score for the SAT and subject tests, MIT will have a minimum TOEFL .
For TOEFL :
Minimum= 577 Recommended= 60+ (Paper based test)

30th May 2016, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to take admission in MIT USA in computer science branch? What is the criteria?

My son is studying in 10th standard in India. he wants to take admission in MIT in computer science. He has two years time. What preparation he has to do to get the admission in MIT?

Pl.help

28th August 2017, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

I am in class10 and want to take admission on mit usa in computer science branch.on what pattern should i prepare in these two years?

23rd June 2019, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Look you need to be firm on your concepts For eg. You studied motion in physics
So study to the maximum extent. So that any questions from any part of the world is asked you can answer it. By :Saatvik Pandey. IIT Bombay pursuing CS

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?