8th August 2013, 06:12 PM
RittikaM

Can I enter maths hons college? I have commerce stream

I'm not good in studies but love maths so is it difficult for me to enter maths hons. College..? I have comm stream.

Please mail me the answer.

30th April 2016, 11:26 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: Can I enter maths hons college? I have commerce stream

First of all you need to understand that in order to do Honours in Mathematics,you must have studied 10+2 with Maths,as you have mentioned that you have studied Intermediate with Commerce stream therefore it is not possible to do Honours in mathematics with Commerce Background.

After completing Intermediate one opts for higher studies according to their respective streams in Intermediate.
There are in total three streams to study for after passing Secondary Examination
1)Science Stream
2)Commerce Stream
3)Arts Stream

Now popular Science subjects are as Physics,Chemistry,Maths,Computer Science and many more,Similarly Commerce subjects are like Accountancy,Costing etc,in arts stream there are History,Geography,English,Bengali etc.
In order to study Honours or B.SC,B.A,B.COM in any subject one must have that in Intermediate such as a arts student in Intermediate can study Honours in Hindi,English,History but not in Accountancy,costing.
In the same way a Commerce student can study Honours in Costing,Accounting and even in History,English,Bengali but not in Science streams that is Maths,Physics,Chemistry,CS etc.

As you have done intermediate with commerce stream so it is not possible tp study Honours in Maths stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?