19th December 2013, 06:00 PM
NITESH KUMAR DAS

How can I become an astronaut?

Nin hao!!!!! Sir I want to become an astronaut .AT WHICH EXAM I HAVE TO APPEAR .WHICH COURSE I SHOULD TAKE. I am 12th passed candidate from cbse.

31st January 2018, 06:29 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an astronaut?

After completion of 12th standard, you have to pursue an engineering degree in biological science, engineering, mathematics or physical science from any well-recognized institute/university. After that, you can apply for astronaut vacancies published by NASA or ISRO. You have to clear the entrance exam conducted by NASA or ISRO for getting the job. Take care of medical standards before applying astronaut vacancy. The medical parameters required for an astronaut at NASA are given as below:

Blood pressure shall be 140/90 in sitting position. Eye vision acuity shall be 20/100. No permanent disease like sugar, blood pressure permitted. Height must be between 62 inches to 75 inches.
After selection, initially, they will keep you in training for one year or more as per your skills and performance. Once, you spend 1000 hours in pilot-in-command time, you will be absorbed as an astronaut.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?