7th February 2014, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I take up higher studies when already working in TCS?

Presently I am working in TCS , but I am not feeling happy. Work environment is bad. And strongly I feel from whatever hardwork I had done during BTech that I deserved much more than this. My HOD advised me to go for higher studies. But i was blindly in for a job. Now i really feel i want to do something big. And not just like the other millions of IT workers everyday. I am very confused, as one time i think I should go for MTech, and the other time i think of MBA as well. And most importantly should I leave my job?
Can anyone please guide me ? Also another question haunts me that its known that getting into IITS for MTech is a huge thing, but doing a job, I hardly get 2 hours to study per day. Is it possible??

11th February 2014, 02:01 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Can I take up higher studies when already working in TCS?

It's pretty much a tough decision which we need to take up while being already in job for 2 odd years. It is true that job in software companies these days are becoming too hectic where we just spent hours and hours every day to complete the tasks without having our real life time.

Now it's tough to prepare for higher studies entrance exam plus working all day but there is no choice is what I can say. You need to find time daily atleast 2 hrs for the preparation and if you can concentrate completely with that time then for sure it won't be difficult to get the seat in IITs for M.Tech by giving the GATE exam. Actually since you have work experience the better thing to do is to do MS in USA on some of the top Universities which will add more weightage to your career because doing M.Tech will be more the same as you are working and gaining experience in TCS.

If you are planning for MBA then the better thing again is to do outside country and not in India as it adds no much value but if you are just ok with getting a job in the same level where you are the you can take up the MBA course but if that's the case you can complete the MBA degree in correspondence itself which will save your time as well as you will be still working.

Now between M.Tech, MS or MBA you need to jot down what are the advantages and disadvantages you will have taking up the course and how much time and money you are ready to pull in for it and above all this your interest to do it is what matters a lot. So, make sure all these points are getting answered when you are going to select the course.

If you feel that only the job role which you are working is not good then probably once you get 1-2 years of experience you can easily shift company where there will be more challenging work rather doing the same again and again!
6th April 2015, 12:38 AM
sanspeur

Default Re: Can I take up higher studies when already working in TCS?

Being a it professional is not a easy job unless you have not extra and unique skill than others .
Most of the it professional are unsatisfied with their working environment .it is so because of their less interest and unpleasant working environment .
So it is advisable that you can further go for higher studies if you have ample amount of time and having a good future prospects.
So you should must be aware of the pros and consequence for your decision before leaving the job.
So if you have selfbeleif in your selves.
As you can also go for correspondence or distance learning course while doing your job but it is tough task as you have mentioned the non availability of extra time for study.
Either you can go for MBA or mtech if your jest for knowledge is not over.

At last I would like to suggest that think before taking decision and conclude their conclusion for future point of view.
7th April 2015, 02:13 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Lightbulb Re: Can I take up higher studies when already working in TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Presently I am working in TCS , but I am not feeling happy. Work environment is bad. And strongly I feel from whatever hardwork I had done during BTech that I deserved much more than this. My HOD advised me to go for higher studies. But i was blindly in for a job. Now i really feel i want to do something big. And not just like the other millions of IT workers everyday. I am very confused, as one time i think I should go for MTech, and the other time i think of MBA as well. And most importantly should I leave my job?
Can anyone please guide me ? Also another question haunts me that its known that getting into IITS for MTech is a huge thing, but doing a job, I hardly get 2 hours to study per day. Is it possible??
Hello there,

Let me tell you that it was once a day i used to feel like you as i was in the same dilemma, but i took a firm decision and finally i am in Microsoft India pvt.ltd . So, i will suggest you to go for M.Tech from a reputed institution. This will help you a lot.

Hope i am clear to you.
Thanks for Posting !!
12th April 2016, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

I am selected in TCS while pursuing BCA final year so, what would I do, should I join TCS or carried on my studies by doing MCA. They also want that I have to sign 2 years of bond.
Please guide me.
27th March 2018, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Hi All,i am a telecom RF Engineer (ECE Background) and Currently working in NOKIA.i am having 12 Years of experience...and having 12 Lacs of Package. now i see there is a complete slow down in industry..even my managers are suggesting that .Kindly suggest if i can pursue higher studies or other options...if higher studies what are the options
8th January 2021, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

I've completed my B.COM. What should i do know? Should I apply for a job or continued my studies by doing MBA.
Please help me!!
2nd December 2021, 01:13 PM
Akshay1504

Hey, did you get your reply? What are you doing right now? What you have been up to please lemme know. I've also joined TCS recently and I have the same question which you were raised. please let me know it would be a big help.
17th January 2023, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

How much long does it take for refitment process in TCS?
2nd March 2023, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

TCS employee are amitted to Madras IIT mtec this year.How to apply
29th June 2023, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

can i take admission for mba without permission of tcs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?