21st June 2014, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in JEE Advance for admission in NITs and IITs if crack JEE Main Paper-2, B.Arch?

Sir
If i crack JEE MAIN (PAPER-2,B ARCH) EXAM SCORING 215/390 AND ELIGIBLE FOR JEE ADVANCED ,IS IT NECESSARY TO APPEAR IN JEE ADVANCED TO GET ADMISSION IN NITS & IIITS?
TO GET ADMISSION IN IITS FOR B Arch course WILL I HAVE TO GIVE ONLY THE APTITUDE TEST OR I HAVE TO APPEAR IN PAPER-1 & -2 OF JEE ADVANCED on?

1st April 2015, 11:29 AM
SachinKSingh

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in JEE Advance for admission in NITs and IITs if crack JEE Main Paper-2, B.Arch?

If you have already cracked JEE Main, you need not sit in JEE Advanced in order to take admission in one of the NITs or IIIT for B.Arch. programme. You can get admission on the basis of you JEE Main Score and your class 12th board score.

But if you want to get admission into IITs for B.Arch. programmes which are available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee, then you will have to appear for JEE Advanced.

As per the information provided on JEE Advanced website, candidates desirous of joining the B. Arch. (Architecture) courses will have to PASS in the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT). Only candidates who will secure a rank in JEE Advanced 2015 exam will be eligible to appear for AAT exam in 2015.

Candidates have to register online at the JEE Advanced portal for AAT. The exam will be conducted only at the seven Zonal IITs. The test will be of 3 hour duration and will be available only in English language. There is no need to a separate admit card to be issued. The original admit card for JEE Advanced should be produced at the time of examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?