21st January 2015, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Tips to prepare well for campus placements to get job?

Respected Sir/Mam,

I am a FRESHER and I'm pursuing B.Tech from EC branch.
I would like to ask you about -
1. What kind of preparation do we need for campus as well as off -campus placement drives.
2. What are the topics that we have to prepare in order to clear the written test of a particular company.
3. How , I will be able to know the other off-campus drives that are being held in other institutes.

22nd January 2015, 09:43 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Tips to prepare well for campus placements to get job?

Tips for preparation of campus placement and off-campus drives:-

- Since you are from ECE branch so I am giving branch specific tips.
- The first step to any placement drive is written test. Hence your preparation should also start from this.
- You need to practice aptitude and solve previous years papers of various companies.
- Make sure you do not neglect the English part and practice questions on verbal ability and comprehension.
- Then comes C. You need to know C, especially pointers and basics.
- It is better if you can learn C++ or Java and know atleast basic programming. This is useful in the interviews.
- Then you need to prepare atleast 2-3 subjects of your branch and keep them as area of interest.
- Prepare a speech of 2-3 minutes on your training and project undertaken.
- Prepare answer to Tell me about yourself.
- Lastly improve your communication skill, be confident and try to deliver your best.

Off-campus drive will be notified by your college or you can register in the reputed job portal sites like Naukri, Monster, Shine, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?