3rd February 2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in CLAT LLM if completed B.Com from IGNOU?

Sir
I have done my B.Com. from IGNOU....
Am I eligible for Post
Graduate LLM programs through CLAT????
Please let me know immediately

3rd February 2015, 07:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CLAT LLM if completed B.Com from IGNOU?

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is an all India entrance examination which is conducted on rotation by 16 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes (LL.B. & LL.M.). Candidates who have obtained an LL.B./a five year integrated LL.B. or any other equivalent degree with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST candidates) in Law from a recognized University are eligible to appear in CLAT examination. Since, you have not purused your Bachelor's degree course in Law, you are not eligible to appear in CLAT examination.
3rd February 2015, 09:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
Am I eligible for Post
You have done B.Com degre so you are not eligible for LLM course which is conducted CLAT exam.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.

If you have completed LLB course from recognized board with above 55% marks then you are eligible for CLAT exam for LLM admission.

Best books for CLAT exam:-

Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
by Student Aid Publications
Publisher: Student Aid Publications

CLAT 2013 Common Law Admission Test
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CLAT: Common Law Admission Test
by Lal, Misra
Publisher: Upkar Prakasan

CLAT 2015 :-

Date of Issue of First Admission Notification: 25th December, 2014 (Thursday)

Starting date for Submission of Online Application Form: 01st January 2015 (Thursday)

Last date for Submission of filled-in Online Application Form: 31st March 2015 (Tuesday), by 11.59 PM

Download of Admit Cards/Hall Tickets From: 15th April 2015 (Wednesday)

Date of CLAT-2015 Online Exam: 10th May 2015 (Sunday)
3rd February 2015, 09:47 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
Am I eligible for Post
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for CLAT LLM after completing B.Com from IGNOU. Those candidates who are completing an LLB are eligible to apply for CLAT LLM.

Eligibility Criteria:

Students should have passed the LL.B. or B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree with 50% from a recognized University. SC/ST/ OBC and Persons with Disability are required to score at least 45% of marks.

Students awaiting results of the qualifying examination can appear for the exam on the condition that they produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed marks before or at the time of counselling.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE - http://clat.ac.in/
3rd February 2015, 09:55 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue LLM course after completion of B.Com course. LLM (Master of Law) course is Masters degree program, for which B.Com alone educational qualification is not enough to pursue LLM course.

Educational qualification required to pursue LLM course through CLAT Exam:

>> Candidate must have obtained LL.B (or) a 5 year integrated LL.B (or) any other equivalent degree in LAW from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.

>> Since you have passed B.Com which is equivalent to Graduation, you are eligible to pursue LLB course and NOT LLM course.

Click here for More Details
3rd February 2015, 09:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue LLM course after completion of B.Com course. LLM (Master of Law) course is Masters degree program, for which B.Com alone educational qualification is not enough to pursue LLM course.

Educational qualification required to pursue LLM course through CLAT Exam:

>> Candidate must have obtained LL.B (or) a 5 year integrated LL.B (or) any other equivalent degree in LAW from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.

>> Since you have passed B.Com which is equivalent to Graduation, you are eligible to pursue LLB course and NOT LLM course.

Click here for More Details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?