4th February 2015, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to apply in AIIMS entrance exam for B.Tech 1st year student?

Hello
I am doing btech engineering 1st year in bangalore
but i am interested in studying MBBS in AIIMS.
Am i eligible to take up AIIMS examination?
Please do reply me

5th February 2015, 07:40 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to apply in AIIMS entrance exam for B.Tech 1st year student?

AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Sciences. It is an All-India entrance test which is conducted by AIIMS, for admission to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) courses. Eligibility Criteria required to appear in AIIMS entrance examination is mentioned below :-

--> You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects from a recognised board.

--> You must have secured an aggregate of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in your 12th standard to be eligible to appear in AIIMS entrance examination.

--> You must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or must have attain the age of 17 years on or before December 31st of the year of admission.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are eligible to appear in AIIMS entrance examination and by qualifying the examination, you can get admission in MBBS course.
5th February 2015, 09:22 AM
bablurocks

Default Re: Possibility to apply in AIIMS entrance exam for B.Tech 1st year student?

No, You cannot take admission in MBBS at AIIIMS. You have already take admission in engineering it means you are Physics, Chemistry and mathematics student in 12th.

To take admission in MBBS from AIIMS:-

Candidates must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission.

Applicants have passed the 12th or an equivalent examination of a recognised University/ Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

To be eligible for AIIMS MBBS 2015 General and OBC candidates must have passed 10+2/HSC in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with 60% marks while qualifying marks for SC/ST is 50%.
5th February 2015, 10:18 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

AIIMS Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria:

Yes, you are eligible to appear for AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) exam only If you have passed 12th class with 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English then you are eligible to appear for AIIMS Entrance Exam. AIIMS Examination is basically conducted for admission into several courses like, MBBS, B.Sc Hons Nursing, M.Sc Nursing, B.Sc Hons Paramedical Courses, MHA, M.Ch, AIPGMEE MD/ MS/ PG.Diploma, DM, AIIMS PG (MD/ MS/ MDS). If you have pursued 12th class in 10+2 pattern or its equivalent examination with 60% marks (For SC/ ST Candidates is it 50%) in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology you can apply for AIIMS Entrance exam. The minimum age must be 17 years and above as on 31st December, 2015 to be eligible.

AIIMS Admission Notice: December

AIIMS Month of Exam: 1st June

Duration of MBBS Course: 5 1/2 years
5th February 2015, 07:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I am doing btech engineering 1st year in bangalore
but i am interested in studying MBBS in AIIMS.
Am i eligible to take up AIIMS examination?
Please do reply me
Yes, you can apply for AIIMS exam.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIIMS exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidates this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years. No age relaxation provided for reserved category candidates.

Best books for AIIMS exam

AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam
by
Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

MTG Chapterwise Explorer: 18 Years AIIMS chapeterwise solution Physics, Chemistry & Biology (1994-2011)
by
MTG Editorial Board
Publisher: MTG Learning Media (P) Ltd.

AIIMS: Topic-Wise Solved Papers With 1 Mock Test (1997-2012)
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication
16th August 2020, 02:41 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

AIIMS is an all India institute of medical science
To be eligible for this exam you will have to
Score at least 60 % in 12 in physics ,chemistry and biology and there is some relaxation for the reserved category they will have experience to score 50% I 12 science
Admission will be based on the marks and merit of the entrance exam
If you fulfil the above criteria than you will be eligible for the course and will let also be able to get admission
You will have to study ncert for the preparation of the exam as the syllabus of the exam is ncert
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?