22nd February 2015, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

What would be the effects of 12th Standard Marks on Campus Placement if I scored less than 60%?

Hi,

I am studying in 7th semester B.E. Computer Science and Engineering in a college in Bangalore.

My marks (10th, PUC (Equivalent of 12th in Karnataka) and B.E. upto 6th semester is as follows-

10th-88%
PUC-58%
Engineering (upto 6th sem)-71%

Due to health problems in PUC, I was not able to study and score well.

Yet even though my engineering marks are not bad (I am in distinction zone as per VTU guidelines), I was forced to skip Infosys and L and T Infotech placements as they asked for 60% in 12th. Even small companies are asking for 60% in 12th. I am really worried as to whether I can even apply for any company through campus placement.

I want to know whether 12th marks is really a criterion? Or since owing to my health problems in PUC and doing quite well in B.E. would they overrule the 12th mark.

Please reply soon....

26th February 2015, 07:56 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: What would be the effects of 12th Standard Marks on Campus Placement if I scored less than 60%?

It's not 100% true that all small companies take in candidates with 60% above there are many small scale companies and start-ups who look for candidates who are good in communication and technical skills. You need to put some time and effort in hunting down those companies and apply for the job over there and clear the selection process. CLICK HERE!! to know about such openings, just search for those jobs which are matching to your academics and apply for the job right away.

If you feel that you are not able to get any jobs even after trying like 100% then there are several other alternatives like going to a teaching job or doing research etc. Find out those possibilities only if you think that searching job will no more help and start working hard for that then for sure you will end up in the best career which you wanted it to be!
26th July 2015, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What would be the effects of 12th Standard Marks on Campus Placement if I scored less than 60%?

hi every one!!
my name is Saicharan, is it necessary through out 60% for Accenture??. i got 59% in my graduation and doing MCA now. what are companies i have, please give a list.
28th July 2015, 09:39 PM
arunpcst

Thumbs up Re: What would be the effects of 12th Standard Marks on Campus Placement if I scored less than 60%?

I think there are no more effect of 12th marks during placement if you have talent in your stream. Some companies hire such students which have more than 60% throughout.but you shouldn't care about it.if you have deep knowledge about your stream, you must be placed in a reputed company.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?