17th February 2011, 09:26 PM
anu1989s

Is it necessary to have 60% marks to sit in companies placement? I've secured 57.16% marks in PU

hello!
I 've scored 72% in tenth, 57.16% in PU and 62.31%(upto VII semester) in B.E.
Just because of my PU marks being less than 60, am not able to write any placements.:'( Is it necessary to have 60 throughout? All the companies who had been to my college had their eligibility criteria as 60 60 60, so i was not allowed to write any companies. Will i ever get a job? is it necessary to have 60 even for off campus?? Are there any companies who don't ask for 10th and 12th marks? Please do help me out!!

Related Questions:
  1. Can i sit for iGATE placement with 65% marks in BE?
  2. Will it be a problem if I have low percentage in 12th to attend campus placements?
  3. Will I be able to sit in campus placement for Infosys, Wipro, Accenture or TCS after scoring 64% in 10th, 68% marks in 12th and 80% in B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to attend the campus placement if I have only 57% marks in 12th?
  5. Am I eligible for infosys campus placement with 74% marks in 10th, 66% in 12th and 64% in B.Tech?
  6. What does 60% throughout mean while applying for an MNC? -- [New]
  7. Which companies I can apply for jobs having 59% marks till 6th semester and a standing backlog?
  8. How much should I score in B.Tech to get placement in prestigious companies like infosys and wipro? I've secured 57.8% in 10th and 56.7% marks in 12th
  9. Which course should I choose among B.Sc Stats and B.Tech?
  10. Which companies allows students with 2 year gap to sit in campus placement?
  11. What is the marks cut-off marks asked by the companies coming for the campus placement?
  12. List of good companies which allows a candidate to sit in campus interview with less than 60% marks in B.Tech?
  13. Am i eligible for campus placement with 65% in BE?
  14. Am I eligible to site in campus placement with 60% above throughout studies?
  15. List of companies which allows a candidate with less than 60% marks in B.E(CSE), to sit in campus placement?
  16. Am I eligible to sit in campus placement for Infosys if I have 60% above marks in 10th, 12th and UG till 5th semester?
  17. What should I choose Statistics honours or B.Tech?
  18. How many companies take placement of B.Tech student with below 60% marks in 12th?
16th February 2012, 07:20 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have 60% marks to sit in companies placement? I've secured 57.16% marks in PU

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu1989s View Post
hello!
Just because of my PU marks being less than 60, am not able to write any placements.:'( Is it necessary to have 60 throughout? All the companies who had been to my college had their eligibility criteria as 60 60 60, so i was not allowed to write any companies. Will i ever get a job? is it necessary to have 60 even for off campus?? Are there any companies who don't ask for 10th and 12th marks? Please do help me out!!
It might be that the companies which have come to the college campus required 60% aggregate marks but there are certainly many companies in India which can hire you based on the personal interview, group discussion and your academic qualification. Normally in the campus interview the best companies in the country comes for recruitment. But if you try yourself and hunt for vacancy in the companies you would certainly get one.

Yes, all the company would ask for you class 10 and 12 certificates. No, for off campus interview it is not mandatory. You will certainly get a job keep trying.
25th July 2012, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it necessary to have 60% marks to sit in companies placement? I've secured 57.16% marks in PU

plz can u suggest some names of companies who ask less than 60%in the 12th
4th July 2013, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i've second class in overall my acadamics i.e 10th,12th,B.Sc and MCA then is it possible to i wil get job
18th September 2014, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu1989s View Post
hello!

Seeing less than 60% in PUC Campus companies are loosing a bright student
and disappointing a knowledgeable student.
They must set a criteria for eligible degree not 10th and 12th. They have to
give a chance to write a written test for all and select the eligible candidate.

For example some student may get PUC marks 59% and score throughout 70 or 80.
Because of 1% less it does not mean that they are unfit for job. In this case company is loosing a right person.

Request Campus interview has to consider the current degree not 10th and 12th marks.
Current degree is more relevant knowledge for the company not 10th and 12th marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?