15th March 2015, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Will I be able to get a government job after completion of Graduation?

Will I be able to get a government job after completion of Graduation? Is it tough or easy? What would be required to get prepared well ahead before completing the graduation course to ensure in getting the job? Can someone guide me with it?

31st March 2015, 10:47 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to get a government job after completion of Graduation?

Dear it is not easy to get a government job since there is a lot of competition in India so you have a separate planning to get a government job. In fact after completion of graduation you will have a chance to apply for many government jobs. But in addition to this you have to satisfy the requirements/Eligibility Criteria of the required job profile.

List various jobs under government sector :

1.Defence services

2.Police cadre

3.Banking Sector

4.Postal Sector

5.Staff Selection Commission and many other.
8th April 2015, 01:04 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Will I be able to get a government job after completion of Graduation?

After completion of Graduation , one can apply for several jobs based upon their Qualification .

So , it depends upon your Graduation course whether you have completed graduation in B.sc or in
B.com or B.tech or BBA , etc..

With B.tech as Qualification you can apply for the AFCAT exam to join in Airforce
This exam includes 3 branches like ,
~ Technical branch
~ Flying branch
~ Ground duty branch

* With Degree (B.sc , B.com , bba , etc) you can apply for the following jobs.

~ You can apply for the IAS , IPS exam
~ You can apply for the Ibps bank po exam and Ibps bank clerk exam
~ You can apply for the CDS exam to join in Defence services
~ You can apply for the post of Subinspector in Police department
~ You can apply for the RRB exam to join in Railway department
8th April 2015, 10:28 PM
shekhartyagi50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Will I be able to get a government job after completion of Graduation? Is it tough or easy? What would be required to get prepared well ahead before completing the graduation course to ensure in getting the job? Can someone guide me with it?
Of-course all the gates are open after completing your graduation you can apply in
1. Defense services
2. GATE can led you to PSUs
3. IES can lead you to work for central government
4. SSc and CGl
9th April 2015, 12:03 AM
poojasingh151

You can apply for many jobs after completion of your Graduation Degree. Its all depend upon your graduation courses with your stream
There are many Government jobs after completion of graduation degree like:
1.IBPS Clerk Examination.
2. IBPS PO Examination.
3.Defence Services.
4.IBPS CWE Examination.
5. AFCAT Examination
6.Postal Sector etc.
But for clear these examination, you have to go through their selection procedure and fallow their norom.
9th April 2015, 07:24 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

If you are serious and want to get a good government job after completion of your degree then you need to work hard from now because time is like sand which is slipping out from your hand and in upcoming time, competition will be increased to a level which no one can expect and different changes in examination patterns may be done by the commissions due to the huge competition so that you need to get prepared for such a drastic situation before others prepares.

First of all you will have to choose a particular right way in which you are interested and want to make your career and after choosing the way you will have to know the pattern of exam for a particular post and what is the syllabus and whether you are able to make yourself perfect at every single subject or not because marks are everything in selection so you have to be good at every subject then only you can pass the exam.

The most common subjects which are almost compulsory in all type of Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railway are asked :

Reasoning Ability & General Intelligence.

General Mathematics and Quantitive Aptitude.

English Language and Comprehension Ability.

General Knowledge and General Awareness.

Current Affairs/ Computer/ Marketing Aptitude etc.

So these are the most common subjects on which questions are asked in every single examination common for a graduate so you do have to learn better on all these subjects.

The better way to make yourself good at all subjects is choose any two subjects which are easier for you and try to learn as much as you do not leave any question in exam.

You have to secure more than 90% marks from those subjects and rest two subjects should be completed as you could easily secure marks more than that of required to qualify means you must be able to secure more than 50% marks in rest two subjects then you can prepare well.

Now it comes to front that how to learn and which books should be used in preparation so I would say that you must find a good coaching center for learning because guidance is better than learning yourself and you need to practice of those things which you learn in a coaching center.

Some best books to use in preparation of these subjects to be perfect and doubtless :

Lucent Publication - For Mathematics and Reasoning Ability
Kiran Publication - Reasoning Ability
Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra
English language by SP Bakshi/ SC Gupta/ Tata McGraw Hill
General Knowledge by Unique Publishers and TMH
Lucent Publication - Objective and descriptive General Knowledge
Current affairs by Success Mirror and Pratiyogita Darpan
Computer Knowledge by Kiran Publication and Speedy Publishers
Marketing Aptitude by Arihant Publiation
9th April 2015, 10:05 AM
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Will I be able to get a government job after completion of Graduation?

Quote:
Yes, you can get a government jobs after completing graduation. Just you have to do is to prepare for the competitive examination targeting the any exam conducted by central government.

According to me if you prepare well and devote you valuable time studying for competitive examination books then it will be easy for you otherwise it will be harder and harder.

If you are willing and determined to prepare for the competitive exam then you have to buy some of the Books for preparation. Such as follow:
1. Maths - R.S.Agarwal, M.Tyra, Tricky Maths
2. Reasoning - R.S.Agarwal (S.Chand publication)
3. English - R.S.Agarwal, Oxford english, Martin english
4. General knowledge - Any monthly magazine and Lucent Books.

As you are going to complete your graduation then according it will be better for you to prepare for the SSC graduate level exams or SSC 10+2 Exams. SSC conducts exams to recruit staff every year.
9th April 2015, 09:43 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Of course, yes. By completing your graduation, you have become eligible for most of the government jobs. Since, the minimum educational eligibility criteria for most of the government job are graduating in 21-30 years age as maximum eligibility criteria to apply for the job in government segment. You can apply for government job such as for IAS, IPS, IFS, SSC-CGL, SSC-Clerk, Public Sector Banks, Insurance sector, etc.

It is neither easy nor tough to qualify for any government exam. Your success entirely lies on your knowledge, tricks and timing to give maximum accurate answers in minimum time. Before applying for any government job, you can go for preparation in any of well recognized coaching institute that is known for its efficient study material and short tricks.

You need to sharp your skills in Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Basic English grammar along with computer and general awareness. The success will surely come through continuous study and regular practice.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?