22nd March 2015, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study M.A. in History for a candidate who has secured 71% in B.A.(English)?

Hello,
I did my Graduation in English Hons with 71%. Now I want to do M.A. in History. Is it possible? Kindly tell its eligibility criteria for the same.
Please reply to me immediately.
Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a software job in MNC after scoring 51% in 10th, 60.4% in 12th, 64% in B.Tech?
  2. Eligibility to study MBA in Abroad for a candidate who has secured 50% in B.Com? List of entrance exams for admission
  3. Eligibility to study MBA in Abroad for a candidate who has secured 50% in B.Com? List of entrance exams for admission
  4. Eligibility to get admission in JNU, Delhi to study M.A.(History) for Graduation Part-III candidate? -- [New]
  5. Can I apply for IBPS Clerk Written exam after scoring 49.4% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible to BCA course with 75% in SSLC and 70% in 12th?
  7. Can I get a job in TCS, WIPRO, Infosys after scoring 81% in 10th, 59.2% in 12th and 75% till 4th semester in B.Tech?
  8. Courses to study in Graduation for a candidate who has secured 62% in 12th Arts?
  9. Eligibility to study Ph.D program for a general candidate who has secured 48% in M.Com?
  10. Study abroad for a candidate who has secured 76% in H.S.?
  11. Can I do Ph.D in History after scoring 50% marks in M.A History? What is the eligibility for Ph.D in History?
  12. Eligibility to study MBBS for a candidate who has secured 56% in B.Sc and 47% in 12th?
  13. Which book to study for NET/SET History?
  14. Eligibility to study MBA for a candidate who has secured 49% in B.Com? List of colleges?
  15. Gujarat SET History (Paper II) Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  16. Will I be eligible for Infosys recruitment after passing 60% above in 10th, 12th and B.Tech
  17. List of universities offering distance learning M.Phil program in history?
  18. Can I write DSC after completion of B.Com and B.Ed?
29th March 2015, 10:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study M.A. in History for a candidate who has secured 71% in B.A.(English)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I did my Graduation in English Hons with 71%. Now I want to do M.A. in History. Is it possible? Kindly tell its eligibility criteria for the same.
Thank you in advance.
You have completed graduation degree in English so you are not eligible for M.A degree in History.

Eligibility criteria for M.A in History:-

1)Those candidates who have completed B.A in History with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for M.A in History admission.

2)Your age should be above 18 years.
31st March 2015, 05:49 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study M.A. in History for a candidate who has secured 71% in B.A.(English)?

You are not eligible to apply for the M.A in History with B.A in English and the reason is you should complete the any of the following streams in your graduation for M.A in History and those are listed below.

1.B.A in History

2.B.A (Hons)

3.B.Com (Hons)

4.B.Sc (Hons )

Eligibility to apply for M.A in History :

--> You should complete the graduation from any of the above streams and No other stream candidates are eligible to get an admission in M.A in History.

--> You can get an admission either in direct way or through any entrance examination and it depends on the type of University or college .
31st March 2015, 08:40 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Thank you in advance.
Sorry!!!

You are applicable only for M.A English as you have done B.A in English Literature.

Few best colleges I would suggest you for M.A English are as follows:-

1 Lady Shriram College for Women (LSR)
2 Loyola College
3 St. Stephen's College
4 St. Xavier's College
5 Miranda House
6 Christ College
7 Madras Christian College(MCC)
8 Hindu College
9 Fergusson College
10 Stella Maris College
3rd April 2015, 12:12 PM
amanshrivastava98

No, as you have completed your BA in a subject other than History you are not eligible to pursue the Masters in any other subjects.

The subject of study during your BA and MA should be the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?