23rd March 2015, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Which one should I study M.Pharmacy or Pharma.D after completing B.Pharmacy?

Sir,
Which is the good choice for me after completing B.Pharmacy?
I want to do Pharma.D but my friends are telling me to
do M.Pharmacy. Kindly show me the right path.

23rd April 2015, 04:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one should I study M.Pharmacy or Pharma.D after completing B.Pharmacy?

If you want to become a lecturer in Pharmacy college and enter into research domain then only go for M.Pharmacy. If you want job in hospital pharmacy and want worldwide recognition as Pharmacist then go for Pharm.D program.

Hence, it totally depends on your choice and you should opt according to your interests. Pharm. D is a new course in India and it has been taught around the world for some time. PCI has introduced this course few years back to give Indian Pharmcists worldwide recognition. Hence, opt according to your choice.
25th April 2015, 03:19 PM
PATHGUIDE

Default Re: Which one should I study M.Pharmacy or Pharma.D after completing B.Pharmacy?

Both of the courses have different scopes in future. If you want to go out of India and pursue your career in pharmacy then Pharma D is the minimum eligibility which you will need to enter.
In India scope of Pharma D is not much wide and known.

If you pursue M.Pharmacy then there are different branches in which you can get specialized such as :

Pharmaceutical sciences
Pharmacology
Quality Assurance
Clinical research etc.

After doing M. Pharmacy you can go for
Lectureship/Assistant professor
Pharmacovigilence
Research and development
Medical writer
Medical Coding
PhD etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?