17th April 2015, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to follow to get a Government job in Tourism department?

Sir/Mam,

I am in 12th class with maths. Subject i want to do government job in tourism department . Please tell me how i get better job in tourism depart.? Just let me know what all courses I need to take in future to ensure that I will end up with a good Government job in Tourism department. Awaiting for a reply soon.

17th April 2015, 12:55 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow to get a Government job in Tourism department?

To get the job in Tourism Department, you need to have relevant qualification because Tourism Department of India and other states requires relevant degree or post graduate degree or diploma in the concerned subject then only a candidate can get the job but you have completed graduation in mathematics therefore you will not be considered eligible for the job that is why, I suggest you the way to get job in Tourism Department read below :

First of all you should apply for admission in MBA or Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism Management because if having MBA or PGDM in Tourism and Travel Management then you will definitely be considered a better person for the job that is why I suggest you the way to get job in this field.

One more thing is there, if possible then get admission in diploma course, not in MBA because PGDM is directly related to the latest pattern required in the field and you will be considered for the job first before a candidate having MBA in the same field but knowledge is everything because if you have good enough knowledge of tourism then nothing can stop you from being in job of tourism field.

After this qualification, you can apply for various posts - Assistant Tourism Manager, Tourism Manager, Tourism Controller, Travel and Tourism Manager, Tourism Secretary (Asst).

I have listed some good colleges which provides Diploma/ MBA in Tourism so please get admission and start working for your career :

01. Herbarium Institute of Hotel Management. - Delhi NCR
02. Cradle Institute of Management - Delhi ( PG Diploma in Tourism)
03. UEI Global Institute (Available in various cities)
04. ASM's Institute of International Business Management and Research
05. Chandigarh University for MBA in Tourism Management
06. Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management

These institutes provides admission after qualifying entrance examination conducted by institute or qualifying in CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ XAT etc. so you need to prepare for a competitive entrance examination of management then you can get admission and after completion of the course, you will definitely get the job.
17th April 2015, 08:10 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow to get a Government job in Tourism department?

To get government job in Tourism department you can apply for IRCTC exam conducted by RRB.

First of all you have to complete your graduation and then post graduation in Tourism Management because only Tourism Management students are considered for this post. Also you can get a diploma also in Tourism Management. After completing these courses you surely get a job in tourism department.

Education Qualification :

Candidate must have completed his/her graduation degree in Travel and Tourism with minimum 50%.
5% relaxation is also provided to reserved category candidate as per government norms.
Candidate having diploma in Travel and Tourism are also eligible.

Age Limit : Age of candidate must be from 18 to 28 years.
Age relaxation is also provided as per government norms. Age relaxation is provided as follows :
For OBC Candidate : 3 years
For SC/ST candidates : 5 years

Posts available are :

Assistant Manager (Catering)
Assistant Manager (Tourism)
Human Resource Development Officer
Finance Officer
Executive Officer(Tourism)
Senior Supervisor(Tourism
26th November 2015, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is studing B.A.. TTM 2nd year so how get Government job in Tamil Nadu Tourism How to apply and what is procedure
12th June 2018, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed my graduation in travel and tourism management in Maris Stella college Vijayawada. Now I want to settle in government tourism sector. Give me suggestion what is required to get govt job in tourism sector. Is any qualifications required for this,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?