23rd April 2015, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Chances to appear in NTSE for 9th standard student?

Sir
I am a 9th class student and I am trying
to give NTSE. I know that from 10th I can give
but I want to know that I have any chance of
appearing in NTSE?

26th April 2015, 04:38 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances to appear in NTSE for 9th standard student?

The National Talent Search Examination(NTSE), conducted by National Council for Education and Research Training, is only for Class 8th and 10th Students.

Those in the ninth standard are not eligible to write the National Talent Search Examination, as per the NCERT Guidelines.

For detailed information regarding this examination, refer to the official website provided below:
26th April 2015, 10:36 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in NTSE examination when you are pursuing 9th standard. Only candidates who are pursuing 10th standard from any recognised school are eligible to apply for NTSE examination. NTSE examination is conducted in two levels as Stage-I and Stage-II examinations. The NTSE Stage-I examination is conducted by respective States/ Union Territories and the NTSE Stage-II examination is conducted by NCERT throughout India. Candidates who have selected from NTSE Stage-I examination are eligible to appear in NTSE Stage-II examination. Being a 9th standard candidate, there is no chance for you to appear in NTSE examination.
26th April 2015, 11:01 AM
Forumexpert
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I am a 9th class student and I am trying
to give NTSE. I know that from 10th I can give
but I want to know that I have any chance of
appearing in NTSE?
NTSE stands for National Talent Search Examination is a national level examination cum scholarship program conducted by National Council of Educational Research organization. Students who have completed 10th standard from the recognized board are eligible to for NTSE exam. You are eligible for NTSE exam after completing 12th. There is no chance to appear in NTSE exam even when studying in the 9th standard. And hence please complete your 9th standard after that you can give NTSE exam.

NTSE exam is conducted in two stages Namely,

1. NTSE Stage-I
2. NTSE Stage-II exam.

If you have completed 10th standard from any recognised school then you are eligible to appear for NTSE Stage-I examination After getting qualified in the NTSE stage-1 exam you are eligible to appear in NTSE Stage-II examination.
26th April 2015, 12:17 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, now you cannot appear for NTSE exam, because as per eligibility criteria, candidates who are pursuing their 10th standard are only eligible for NTSE exam. So, you can appear for NTSE exam, only after the completion of 9th standard.

Eligibility:-
1.Candidates should have completed their 9th standard with minimum 60% of marks.
2. Student should be from a recognized school in their respective State or Union Territory.
3. Candidates who are from SC/ST/PH category can apply even if they have only 55% in their 9th standard.
14th January 2018, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I am currently in class 8, but I want to start preparing for ntse from the very moment, so that I can qualify the exam with less number of hurdles once I reach class 10.So how can I start preparing??
I also want to know that can students from ICSE schools also appear for ntse exam?
13th May 2020, 05:11 PM
NTSEGuru

No, NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) exam is conducted by NCERT for class 10th students. NTSE exam covers the syllabus of class 9 and class 10 both. You can start NTSE preparation from class 9, This will help you to crack NTSE easily.
5th June 2020, 07:21 PM
HGK7

The National Talent Search Examination(NTSE), conducted by National Council for Education and Research Training, is only for Class 8th and 10th Students.
Therefore,Those in the ninth standard are not eligible to write the National Talent Search Examination, as per the NCERT Guidelines.
8th August 2020, 06:53 PM
shivansh88

No, you can only appear for NTSE in class 10th. Although, you can start your preparations from now onwards.
3rd December 2020, 06:05 PM
mayuripatel01

The eligibility criteria for NTSE is instructed by NCERT every year on its official website. It’s important to cross-check the NTSE eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
27th June 2022, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

i have give the mid term exams of 9th am i eligible to give ntse
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?