13th January 2013, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer? I am a standard 9th student

hi sir or mam!. I am in std 9th. I have a strong ambition of becoming an I.A.S . I want to ask that what shall i do after my 12th to become an I.A.S? Please guide me a way so that I can crack this exam? I have also noticed that marks of my academics are not up to my level. Is this a bad remark for someone who want to become an I.A.S ?

28th January 2013, 04:27 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am a standard 9th student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi sir or mam!. I am in std 9th. I have a strong ambition of becoming an I.A.S . I want to ask that what shall i do after my 12th to become an I.A.S? Please guide me a way so that I can crack this exam? I have also noticed that marks of my academics are not up to my level. Is this a bad remark for someone who want to become an I.A.S ?
Helo dear,

So you want to go for IAS, first of all let me tell you that marks of 10th and 12th doesnot affect your performance that you will give in CSE exam.

IAS(Indian Administrative Service) is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Know about the pattern and eligibility-

Eligibility criteria:-

# bachelor's degree or any equivalent degree from any recognised university.

# a citizen of india.

Age criteria:-

# The age limits are 21 years to 30years.

# 3years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates,

# 5years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

***Civil services preliminary examination,

***Civil services main exam,

***Personal interview.

Number of attempts:-

# 4 times for General candidates,

# 7 times for OBC candidates,

# No limit for SC/ST candidates.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

>>>> Start with GK/GS as optionals are on the verge of being removed next year<<<< You can opt for any degree after 12th that you wish to!>>>>

All the best!!!!!
28th January 2013, 07:16 PM
ipmishra
Member+

.Hi

If you want to go for the UPSC exam you will have to practice hard. Research on the internet about books that will help you go through this entrance smoothly.
The following points should help you:
1. You can study 6th to 12th NCERT books.
2. You must read MC GrawHill Books For various UPSC subjects.
3. Subscribe Chronicle Magazine.

Below are the eligibility criteria of giving the entrance:

>bachelor's degree or any equivalent degree from any recognised university.

>a citizen of India

>the age limits are 21 years to 30years.

>3years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates,

>5years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

You will have to go through the selection procedure by giving the following exams:

Civil services preliminary examination,

Civil services main exam,

Personal interview

All the best.
28th January 2013, 08:03 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry after passing 12th you are not eligible for I.A.S.
If you want to become I.A.S you have to qualify the Civil Services exam.

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

In I.A.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
28th January 2013, 09:00 PM
Sikdu

for eligibility for appearing IAS you should be more than 21 years of age and less than 30,and i dont think in 9th std you are above 21
28th January 2013, 09:03 PM
Sikdu

for appearing ias exam you need to be more than 21 yr ,and in 9th i dont think you will be eligible
28th January 2013, 09:44 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Iam sorry to say this you are not eligible for IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exam, because the minimum educational qualification for the IAS exam is graduation. So first complete your graduation and then apply for the IAS exam.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian origin.

Candidate must have to complete graduation from a recognised from a recognised university.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Age criteria:-

The age limits are 21 to 30 years,

The age limits for OBC candidates 21 to 33years,

The age limits for SC/ST candidates 21 to 35 years.

Selection steps:-

[B]Civil Services Preliminary Examination,

Civil Services Mains Examination,

Personal interview.

Preliminary examination:-

Mains exam:-

For more information visit below website

www.upsc.gov.in[/COLOR]

All the best
28th January 2013, 09:51 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Officer) officer one has to be a Graduate first and has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 from 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

So as you are now in standard 9th, it is very good that you wish to become an IAS officer but now you should focus on passing 12th standard properly and after which you can start your preparation accordingly to become an IAS officer.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th January 2013, 10:28 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to become an IAS officer? I am a standard 9th student

Quote:

How to become an IAS Officer

To become an Indian Administrative Service Officer is a matter of great pride..

It is one of the most elite government jobs offered to the common public and the responsibilities are accordingly arduous..

For appearing for the Civil Services Exam..you need to have the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

Age Requirement

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years..

>> OBC candidates must be 21-33 years..

>> SC/ST candidates must be 21-35 years..

>> PD candidates must be 21-40 years

Educational Qualifications

>> Candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized institute..

>> No percentage restriction for appearing for the exam..

Number of Attempts

>> General candidates have 4 chances to clear the exam

>> OBC candidates have 7 attempts..

>> SC/ST and PD candidates can appear till their age permits..

There are the following stages which you need to clear to become an IAS Officer :-

CSAT
Mains
Interview Round

I would adivse you to first of all concentrate on your 10th and then 12th boards so that you get into a good college for graduation..

Getting good marks in 12th is very essential to you as it will let you have the subjects and course of your choice..

You goal is IAS for sure..but to reach there..you need to create milestones and break your journey into parts..

After that focus one milestone at a time and do well in that..

I am sure if you go like this then you will surely succeed and its very encouraging to see that you have set your eyes on your goal from such a small age..

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for more information..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: docx IAS Optional Subjects.docx(14.7 KB, 106 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 77 views)
30th January 2013, 09:00 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Sorry to say you are not eligible for joining IAS at present time.

IAS examination is a civil service examination, which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The selection procedure of IAS examination are mentioned as below:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personnel interview.

The eligibility criteria required for IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs for General; 21-33 yrs for OBC; 21-35 yrs for SC/ST; and 21-40 yrs for PWD contendors.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
30th January 2013, 11:07 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Sorry, but now, you are not able to join IAS.

The educational qualification regarding with IAS are below mentioned:-

* A candidate must be Indian.

* A candidate must have finished graduation in any track from any accredited college/university.

* Age criteria- The age of a candidate who belongs to General category is 21-30 years; who belongs to OBC is 21-33 years; who belongs to SC/ST is 21-35 years; and who belongs to PWD is 21-40 years.

* No. of attempts- 4(General), 7(OBC) and no attempts(SC/ST).

* Age relaxation- 3 years(OBC) and 5 years(SC/ST).

Thanks.
31st January 2013, 05:59 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become IAS then you will have to first complete graduation. Any graduation degree is enough for the Indian Administrative Service. You won't need to worry about percentage either since there is no such criteria.

As far as cracking the IAS is concerned, it is not easy thing to do. When you have 1 million candidates applying for the 300 something posts, it is bound to create tough competition. You will have to prepare extremely hard in order to crack the entrance exam.

The real preparation for the exam should start during the final year of graduation course. If you are general candidate then you will get 4 attempts to clear the Civil Service Examination. It means that you should take your time and prepare as hard as you can knowing very well that you will have more chances to crack the exam.

What you can do right now is prepare for the English language paper. If your English is not good then this is the right time to work on it. Improve your grammar and English speaking skill. This won't happen overnight and would probably take at least 2-3 years. Therefore you will need to be patient. English becomes even more important if the candidate does not know Hindi, because the IAS entrance exam is conducted only in Hindi and English languages.

There is another paper on language for which are given option to select one language out of the various Indian languages including Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi etc. I don't think it would be much of the issue but still you should put some effort in your native language, if it is mentioned in the list of optional languages.

For the main preparation you should improve your General Knowledge skills by watching lot of news and keeping yourself updated with all the latest happenings in the world. For General studies exams you should refer to the NCERT books of Class 12th.

There is lot of study material available online which you should also utilize. Download previous years papers and solve them. See which areas need more work.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen to apply.

2. Bachelor degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC and ST get maximum of 5 years relaxation.

Selection Process

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview
31st January 2013, 06:44 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You are still in 9th Class and its good that you have set up your goal that what you want to become, but i would suggest that right now concentrate on your 9th class studies only

First complete your class 12th and than you can think of applying for these exams and preparing for these exams.

For your refrence i will give you the current eligibilty criteria to apply for the UPSC Civil services exams.

This exam has to be given if you want to aply for the IAS post

Graduation pass
Age should be between 21 and 30 years
OBC candidates can apply till 33 years
SC/ST can apply till 35 years

Your marks would not cause any problems.
If you are able to clear the written test and interview you would get selected
31st January 2013, 09:10 PM
mayankt

Hi,
Sorry to say right now you are not eligible for this exam coz for that the minimum qualification is graduation from recognised university in any stream,so as far as my opinion is concern right now concentrate on your 9th class studies only.First complete your class 12th and than you can think of applying for these exams and preparing for these exams

If you want to become an IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service officer for that you have to apply for civil services exam conducted by UPSC
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit

Best book for Civil services Exam:-
#.CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills (Paper 2)
by
Shalini Verma
Publisher: Pearson

#.UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

#.UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
by
Jha, Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

for Previous Years Question Papers you can refer www.upsc.gov.in
You can fill the online application form fromthe official website www.upsconline.nic.in

Good Luck...
31st January 2013, 09:48 PM
nikhinaya

If you want to become an IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service officer for that you have to apply for civil services exam conducted by UPSC
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit
31st January 2013, 11:29 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
To become an IAS officer you need graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. The IAS examination is conducted by UPSC once in every year.

Nice to see you interest in the civil services field. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria for the IAS entrance examination.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination.
--> Pass graduation is any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the IAS entrance examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candiadtes.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination.

So, I advise you to first complete your the graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University and then apply for the IAS entrance examination. In today age the competition is really tough so work hard to get success in life. For any more information about the IAS examination visit UPSC official website : http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?