10th May 2015, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Government job exams if I am 40 years old?

I am 40 year old. I am Graduate(B.Com) . I want to write government exams. What are the government exams i can appear.? Please provide me all the exams which I can apply for and also the procedure which I need to follow.

Thanking you

PANKAJ MITTAL

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a government job when I am 37 years old?
  2. After Diploma what to do if financial condition is not good?
  3. Is there any chance to get a government job after passing B.E CSE from Anna University Affiliated College? Are there any exams conducted for that? Details about all the government exams?
  4. Opportunities available in government sector after finishing B.E from Anna University? Which are the government exams?
  5. Can I get government job if I had backlogs in my course and cleared it by last year of the course?
  6. Am I eligible for Tamilnadu Central government job?
  7. Can I apply for government job after passing from UGC approved university? What can I do to be eligible for government job?
  8. Is there any possibility to get a government job after doing B.E CSE from Anna University? Which are the entrance exams?
  9. Government job for graduate Widow? How to apply for the exams?
  10. Tamil Nadu Government Exams -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Opportunities in government sector after passing MCA? Details about the government exams?
  12. Is there any chance for me to join government job after MSc Bioinformatics? Any exams conducted for admission?
  13. How can I apply for government job after passing B.Com?
  14. What are the posts available in Staff Selection Commission for B.Tech Civil Engineer?
  15. Any chance to get a job in Government after BA and TPT(Telugu)? Details about all the government and central government exams?
  16. Can I apply for State Government job when am 36 years old?
  17. Any opportunity to join government sector after finishing MCA? Any exams to get a government jobs? Information about government and central government exams?
  18. How to get government job for BDS graduate in Tamil Nadu?
11th May 2015, 06:43 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Government job exams if I am 40 years old?

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for any government examination being 40 years old.

The upper age limit of most of the government examination is 28-30 years and for some exams it is 30-35 years, which is the maximum age limit allowed.

As in your case, the age is quite high, so I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for any government exam.
11th May 2015, 09:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Government job exams if I am 40 years old?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Government job examinations being 40 years old candidate. The age limit required to apply for different government job examinations is different. The minimum age required to apply for basic government job is 18 years and the maximum age is 30 years. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. So, the maximum age limit is only 35 years to apply for Government job examinations. Since, you are 40 years old, you are not eligible to apply for Government job examinations.
11th May 2015, 09:52 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Sorry to say this, you are not eligible to apply for government examination because you are already crossed age limits framed by government criteria. So, you cannot apply for government examination. Basic Educational Qualification to apply for government job is that the candidate should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination. The candidate age should be between 21-30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories. 33 years for OBC candidates, 35 years for SC/ST candidates and 40 years for PWD candidates.
12th May 2015, 09:00 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Still being 40 year old, you are eligible for some government jobs which are listed below. For your kind notice, there is only limited number of jobs available for candidates who have completed the age of 40 years that is why you need to understand the situation.

First of all you can apply for teacher jobs for Samvidha Grade I teacher or Lecturer or Assistant Professor jobs because the maximum age limit for Samvidha Grade I teacher is 45 years that is why you are eligible.

But to apply for these jobs, you need to have a master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

To apply for Lecturer or Assistant Professor job, you need to have master's degree with 55% marks and qualified in NET or SET entrance examination.

Age bar does not matter when it comes to AP or Lecturer jobs because there is no such limitation decided that is why you are eligible even after being 50 year old so the best way for you is -

Complete a master's degree like MA or M.Com and then appear for NET or SET test and qualify so you can become a lecturer or Assistant Professor in Government college/ school.

Other than this job, you can apply for Class IV grade employees recruitment in every single state because level employees of Peon/ Watchman etc. are recruited in every single department under state government so they want the maximum age is 40 years so you can apply.

If you belong to SC or ST category then you are eligible for such jobs until 45 years and 43 years in case of OBC but if under UR category then you are possibly not eligible for other jobs.

You can apply for State Service Preliminary examination because there are some posts which wants the maximum age is 40 + years in case of reserved category so you find such jobs and apply.

Finally, I would say that you are not eligible for more jobs like Banking/ SSC/ Railways/ Insurance/ Police etc. that is why you have only one option which is better than all these options is Teaching jobs so complete master's degree then start your career.
12th May 2015, 02:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for Government Jobs Examinations being a 40 years old candidate. The maximum age required to be eligible for Government Job Recruitments is "30 years" only. Hence I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in Government Job recruitments as your age has already crossed the required minimum age. Here is the detailed analysis of age requirements for almost all state or Central governments jobs.

For Almost All Government Job Recruitments:

Minimum Age - 20 years

Maximum Age for General Category Candidates - 30 years

Maximum Age for OBC Category Candidates - 33 years

Maximum Age for SC Category Candidates - 35 years

Maximum Age for ST Category Candidates - 35 years

Maximum Age for PWD Category Candidates - 40 years

Maximum Age for Ex-Servicemen Category Candidates - 40 years
16th July 2019, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

I am a science graduate . 35 yrs old physical handicap lady. So am I eligible for any govt job. Special in government bank sector.
28th November 2019, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am 38 years old. I am SC please any government job.
29th January 2022, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I am a widow, age 36 & I am Bcom graduate.. Am I eligible for any government jobs
28th April 2022, 06:09 PM
HansAnkhiya

For example in case of state civil services of Rajasthan, age limit for general candidate is 21-35 years and for Sub ordinate services is 25 years -45 years. For SC/ST, BC, SBC male candidate, minimum of 5 years age relaxation is given.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?