23rd July 2015, 04:02 PM
Koushal a c

After qualifying DME can I join IIT Madras?

I am CBSE 10th qualified now I am in DME after my DME, can I join IIT madras? And what is the qualification of iit

15th September 2016, 02:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After qualifying DME can I join IIT Madras?

DME means Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. You must know that candidates who have done diploma are not eligible for admission in Indian Institute of Technology anywhere in India. In fact, diploma candidates can not apply for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced which is entrance examination for admission in IIT Madras.

But diploma candidates can apply for JEE Main for admission of candidates into technical institutes like National Institute of Technology, Government engineering colleges etc. You should have minimum of 60% marks in diploma to apply for JEE Main.

In order to get admission in State Engineering colleges, you can also apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. It gives you chance to get admission directly in second year of engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?