10th October 2015, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Admission procedure to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?

Hi,
I want to do B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in IIT. Now I have completed my 6th semester in Diploma Mechanical Engineering. Please tell me what is the admission procedure for Diploma student?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  2. Is it really possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  3. Admission procedure to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student? -- [New]
  4. Admission procedure to study B.Arch in IIT-Roorkee for Architecture Diploma student?
  5. Procedure for taking admission in btech in punjabi university 2nd year for diploma holders?
  6. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Procedure to study B.Tech in Abroad for Diploma student?
  8. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after passing Metallurgy Diploma?
  9. Procedure to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma in ECE student?
  10. Procedure to get admission in any government college of Maharashtra to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for Diploma in ECE student? What does Lateral Entry Test means?
  11. How to apply for MS? Procedure to apply for it? Is it true that IIT students get admission easily?
  12. Admission Procedure for joining Degree course in IIT after Diploma?
  13. Can diploma student get admission in IIT colleges? Which exams need to be appear and the percentage necessary in diploma?
  14. Is it worth taking admission in IITs for direct 2nd year admission? Procedure to take admission?
  15. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  16. What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?
  17. How to get admission in IIT after passing diploma?
  18. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
15th October 2015, 07:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?

No, you cannot get admission for studying B.Tech in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course. IIT's does not offers lateral entry admissions to B.Tech courses. To be eligible to get admission in IIT, the candidate must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and must have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advance examinations. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you cannot get admission in IIT.
15th October 2015, 09:00 PM
Jitu888

No. You are not eligible for JEE IIT after diploma.
Only 10+2 passed students with PCM are eligible for JEE IIT.

So there is no any admission procedure for you.
16th October 2015, 12:38 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I want to do B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in IIT. Now I have completed my 6th semester in Diploma Mechanical Engineering. Please tell me what is the admission procedure for Diploma student?
IIT offers candidates to do B.Tech in:
  • Aerospace Engineering
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Computer Science & Engineering Department
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Energy Science and Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science
  • Physics

And to join a course in IIT you need to write the entrance exam which is JEE. The eligibility needed for writing the JEE exam is:

# Candidate who has on or before Oct 01,1991 is eligible and there are relaxation for candidates form SC/ST or PWD category.

# The educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed +2 or equivalent from a recognized board in science stream and should have got at least 50% aggregate.

You can appear for the exam 3 times. Based on the marks which you get in the JEE your seat will be allocated.
18th October 2015, 01:51 PM
aaditya choudhari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
No ,you are not eligible for jee mains and .advance.and not for iit. If you want to do eng g degree then you take admission in other engg colleges as lateral entry after completion of ypur diploma course.
25th November 2015, 04:05 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Diploma students are not eligible for admission in IITs. Only 12th appearing/passed students can apply for admission in IITs.

You can do B.Tech through lateral entry (you will get admission in 2nd year of engineering ). After completing B.Tech, you can apply for M.Tech in IITs.

For admission in M.Tech, you have to clear GATE exam.

For lateral entry in B.Tech, you can apply in DTU, Amity university, IP university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?