12th December 2015, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have Economics in BA to study MBA?

Hello sir,

I am doing BA presently. I have subjects like psychology ,economics and sociology. I want to do honours in psychology and also want my MBA option to be open. So i need to know if it is compulsory to have economics in BA course to study MBA course in future?

12th December 2015, 05:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have Economics in BA to study MBA?

No, there is no need to study specific subjects in your graduation to become eligible for MBA admission. Any stream graduates can apply for admission in MBA through exams like CAT/GMAT/CMAT/MAT.

Therefore, don't worry about your subjects and be prepared for entrance exams for getting admission in top management college.
12th December 2015, 10:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not mandatory to pursue Economics in BA course to be eligible to study MBA course. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to pursue MBA course. To get admission in MBA course, you must have to appear in entrance examinations like MAT, XAT, CAT, CMAT, etc.,. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in MBA course. Since, you have completed BA course, you are eligible to pursue MBA course.
12th December 2015, 11:20 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,

I am doing BA presently. I have subjects like psychology ,economics and sociology. I want to do honours in psychology and also want my MBA option to be open. So i need to know if it is compulsory to have economics in BA course to study MBA course in future?
No, Economics subject is not mandatory to pursue for MBA. The candidate must be a graduate holder from a recognized university to be eligible for MBA. Those who appearing in their final year bachelor’s degree exam can also apply. You must complete Bachelor Degree with an aggregate of minimum 55% and 5% Relaxation is provided for the applicants from reserved category. Since, you are interested to apply for Master Degree in Psychology after BA. You can apply for MBA completing Master Degree. You need to qualify in the MBA entrance exam such, MAT/CAT/GMAT/XAT etc.
13th December 2015, 01:01 PM
xiomi china

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,

It is not like that you have to study economics in your BA for the MBA purpose because anyone can go for MBA, even an engineering student can go for MBA. So, you need no to worry. just complete your degree and apply for MBA.
6th May 2016, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I want to complete my mba un economics. Please suggest me best colloge in mumbai .
11th October 2020, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

I am studied ba economics but i have arrear so can i join inmba
14th October 2020, 08:19 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

No, it's not important to pursue economics.... Bachelor's degree from any recognized university is sufficient....��
And it totally depends on your interest....if u enjoy economics then go for it....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?