16th June 2012, 12:12 AM
nishant.raj23

Am I eligible to appear for NET exam with economics

Dear Sir,
I want to know that I have done my MBA(PGDM) in international business from ITM Navi Mumbai, and Economics was one of my subject during MBA. Am I eligible for appearing in NET Exam with Economics as an optional. My marks in MBA was 3.23/4 CGPA. Please guide me how to proceed for it?

5th October 2012, 11:07 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET exam with economics

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant.raj23 View Post
Dear Sir,
I want to know that I have done my MBA(PGDM) in international business from ITM Navi Mumbai, and Economics was one of my subject during MBA. Am I eligible for appearing in NET Exam with Economics as an optional. My marks in MBA was 3.23/4 CGPA. Please guide me how to proceed for it?
NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, twice in a year, to apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with Minimum 55% marks, Well final year appearing post graduates are also eligible for NET Examination.

So, if you have scored more than 55% marks in your Post graduation, then you are eligible for December NET.

Secondly you have to choose the subject in NET on the basis of your post graduation, if your subject is available in NET list then you can choose that, if not then you can choose related subject. It means if you have study Economics in your MBA, then you can choose Economics in NET Examination. The syllabus you can download from the official website.

Please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus.

There are 3 papers in NET and all are Objective with No negative marking, this is the advantage for Candidates.

The notification of December NET is going to be Published soon in this month, so please wait and then apply soon, for more details check official website.

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?